IM 200 Peninsula APS Stand Questions

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New IM Nuvo 200 peninsula owner here. Looking to get some insight into a couple of things from those of you who are ahead of me in the build process. What are you doing for waterproofing the stand bottom? I have looked around for drip pans but don't see many options for something in a 24" x 48" option. Also what if anything are you using for a controller board? I'm thinking of something in the 2' x 2' range being I seem to own just about everything Apex makes. Curious how to attach it to the aluminum stand. I'm hoping to get my build thread going soon once I figure out how to get the beast of a tank onto the stand.

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adaptive Reef makes some awesome controller boards and cabinets.
I agree. I have been checking out their controller board options and even debated asking about a custom board. I'm curious how you would attach it to the APS stand though. I made a board for my previous RS650P tank and attached it with some blocking and brads. Wood is easier to work with IMO.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 200 int coming at some point when it gets out of the port of Narnia lol thinking about those things as well . What are you going to do for the back of the stand ? Leaving it open?

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 200 int coming at some point when it gets out of the port of Narnia lol thinking about those things as well . What are you going to do for the back of the stand ? Leaving it open?
My setup is peninsula. Only 1 short end isn't covered. It will be against the wall. Congrats on the new tank. It's a beast!

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New IM Nuvo 200 peninsula owner here. Looking to get some insight into a couple of things from those of you who are ahead of me in the build process. What are you doing for waterproofing the stand bottom? I have looked around for drip pans but don't see many options for something in a 24" x 48" option. Also what if anything are you using for a controller board? I'm thinking of something in the 2' x 2' range being I seem to own just about everything Apex makes. Curious how to attach it to the aluminum stand. I'm hoping to get my build thread going soon once I figure out how to get the beast of a tank onto the stand.
I built just predrilled a hole into the aluminum and attached my board that way. I would say I wish I had spent the extra for a cabinet vice just a board as I wound up getting frustrated with the lack of space on 1 board and bought PVC board DIY the rest of my build. I also had the disadvantage of not having walls in my basement fishroom as a controller board would work really well on drywall outside the stand compared to within it but I made it work.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back