IM 200 Peninsula APS Stand Questions

Dave Cureton

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2016
Messages
547
Reaction score
801
Location
Grass Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New IM Nuvo 200 peninsula owner here. Looking to get some insight into a couple of things from those of you who are ahead of me in the build process. What are you doing for waterproofing the stand bottom? I have looked around for drip pans but don't see many options for something in a 24" x 48" option. Also what if anything are you using for a controller board? I'm thinking of something in the 2' x 2' range being I seem to own just about everything Apex makes. Curious how to attach it to the aluminum stand. I'm hoping to get my build thread going soon once I figure out how to get the beast of a tank onto the stand.
 
Adaptive Reef makes some awesome controller boards and cabinets.
I agree. I have been checking out their controller board options and even debated asking about a custom board. I'm curious how you would attach it to the APS stand though. I made a board for my previous RS650P tank and attached it with some blocking and brads. Wood is easier to work with IMO.
 
I have a 200 int coming at some point when it gets out of the port of Narnia lol thinking about those things as well . What are you going to do for the back of the stand ? Leaving it open?
 
I have a 200 int coming at some point when it gets out of the port of Narnia lol thinking about those things as well . What are you going to do for the back of the stand ? Leaving it open?
My setup is peninsula. Only 1 short end isn't covered. It will be against the wall. Congrats on the new tank. It's a beast!
 
New IM Nuvo 200 peninsula owner here. Looking to get some insight into a couple of things from those of you who are ahead of me in the build process. What are you doing for waterproofing the stand bottom? I have looked around for drip pans but don't see many options for something in a 24" x 48" option. Also what if anything are you using for a controller board? I'm thinking of something in the 2' x 2' range being I seem to own just about everything Apex makes. Curious how to attach it to the aluminum stand. I'm hoping to get my build thread going soon once I figure out how to get the beast of a tank onto the stand.
I built just predrilled a hole into the aluminum and attached my board that way. I would say I wish I had spent the extra for a cabinet vice just a board as I wound up getting frustrated with the lack of space on 1 board and bought PVC board DIY the rest of my build. I also had the disadvantage of not having walls in my basement fishroom as a controller board would work really well on drywall outside the stand compared to within it but I made it work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new