IM 25 lagoon DIY stand Question

JWHITESP88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am in the process of building a stand for my tank. I have started to question the materials that I have bought and need some reassurance that what I am about to do is ok. My plan is to build the heart of the stand out of 1x4 select pine using the rocket engineer model and wrapping the stand in 1/2” birch. Does anyone see a problem with the stand supporting the weight of the tank using the 1x4 instead of 2x4? I roughly figure the tank filled with water, sand, and rock to weigh somewhere in the ballpark of 300-350lbs but I could be wrong, please correct me if that is not inline. Any help would be appreciated.

jhuntstl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm no engineer, but I am a carpenter. I don't see any issue with using 1x4 select, especially if it's being wrapped/braced with 1/2" sheeting. Not sure how you plan to fasten everything, but add wood glue to the mix. Do you have plans you're working off of?

OP
J

JWHITESP88

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm no engineer, but I am a carpenter. I don't see any issue with using 1x4 select, especially if it's being wrapped/braced with 1/2" sheeting. Not sure how you plan to fasten everything, but add wood glue to the mix. Do you have plans you're working off of?
I am using Rocket Engineers plans I’m just building it to my own specs. I am going to fasten with screws using pocket holes that will be glued. I’m not sure that I will put in the green boards, but if I need them let me know.
5A141B09-0081-4EC2-B155-777369EE1222.png

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Speaking of your latest coral purchase...

• It was a GREAT deal

Votes: 102 36.4%
  • It was a good deal

Votes: 91 32.5%
  • It was nether good nor bad

Votes: 65 23.2%
  • It was a bad deal

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.8%
Chaos Aquaculture