IM 30 AIO Light Shade ABS Plastic

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2019
Messages
3,269
Reaction score
1,556
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I am trying fix this piece of ABS plastic to the back of the tank to stop light from spilling over into the back chambers of my AIO. Does anyone have a good idea on how to adhere this? Obviously I'd trim it down to smaller sections.

IMG_20200322_102255.jpg
 
I’m not familiar with this type of tank. Can you use something like Velcro strips? Can cut to any size you need.
AF7859AA-D27E-4341-83C1-9A1E0F1927D7.jpeg
 
Howdy,

I am trying fix this piece of ABS plastic to the back of the tank to stop light from spilling over into the back chambers of my AIO. Does anyone have a good idea on how to adhere this? Obviously I'd trim it down to smaller sections.

IMG_20200322_102255.jpg

Is that ABS? Usually ABS won't be shined up, so it looks like acrylic or polycarb. In either case, solvent cements designed for acrylic ("Weld-On", "SciGrip" etc) will bond to ABS as well.

I'd look for the thickened type, e.g. Weld-On 16.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new