IM 30L AIO- Skimmer Recommendation

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I helped a friend setup a Innovative Marine Fusion 30L. We are looking for a quality skimmer, preferably a Tunze 9001 or 9004 but not sure they will fit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank and my skimmer is on a shelf in the basement because I believe in a 30 gallon tank weekly water changes along with the filtration in the back chamber is all you need for a tank that size. So my answer would be none. But if you are set on getting one anyway I could always sell you the one on my shelf in the basement ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
ReeferBean

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank and my skimmer is on a shelf in the basement because I believe in a 30 gallon tank weekly water changes along with the filtration in the back chamber is all you need for a tank that size. So my answer would be none. But if you are set on getting one anyway I could always sell you the one on my shelf in the basement ;Smuggrin

Which skimmer is in your basement? Let me know. If its the IM skimmer, definitely not interested LOL

My buddy isn't going to be doing weekly water changes, so definitely want a skimmer on this setup.

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been deliberating this exact question. I finally pulled the trigger and went with the Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 - Tunze. Actually was just delivered today.

I haven't found a better piece of hardware out there than it and it does fit. From left to right in the back chambers of the 30L I'm doing.....

1. Left overflow chamber - Tunze 9004
2. Left Media Chamber - inTank Fuge Basket with a custom cut block of Marine Pure
3. Sump Chamber - Return Pump, Heater, Monitor probes and place to toss a media bag of Chemipure or similar if needed
4. Right Media Chamber - inTank Fuge Basket with a custom cut block of Marine Pure
5. Right overflow Chamber - Media basket filled with Marine Pure Gems in lower 2 chambers and top chamber/tray reserved for situational use of floss.

Trying to max my biological filtration with the high efficiency of the Marine pure blocks and gems along with a solid skimmer. Tank will have a conservative amount of live rock and a 2" sandbed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back