IM 40 fusion and tunze 9004 skimmer

A.Percula

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

So I have an IM 40 fusion and recently bought a tunze 9004 skimmer. I did not want to go with the IM skimmer because of its reviews.

The issue is that the tunze skimmer is releasing lots of micro bubbles. I am just waiting for the break in point, but also I am not sure if I am positioning it correctly. Anyone with the same set up what can provide me with an advise on this?

Thanks!!

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of little skimmers have micro bubble issues, you can sometimes get rid of them with some strategically placed filter floss around the outflow of the skimmer.

pompeyjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how I had the 9004 in my IM40..... place in the outer right/left compartment. Mount with the magnets on the side of the tank. Water level should be around 1/2 way over the skimmer inlet teeth. For me that put the cup height at a fraction over the height of the rear wall. I never bothered to adjust the air flow.

This gave us a decent skim - not great - but decent. There were no micro bubbles.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 69 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back