Tunze Comline 9004

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have just installed Tunze protein skimmer but I cant seem to tune it correctly there is lots of tiny bubbles at the bottom of the neck and staying there, i have tried opening the air valve to fully open but nothing is making any difference

image.jpg image.jpg

Clownfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new aquarium? It maybe just breaking in. Also, how low is the water level on the intake of the skimmer? Lowering the skimmer into the water more will push the bubbles up higher in the skimmer neck.
Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new aquarium? It maybe just breaking in. Also, how low is the water level on the intake of the skimmer? Lowering the skimmer into the water more will push the bubbles up higher in the skimmer neck.
Hope that helps.
Yes its new, about 1 month old, thanks for the reply, I will try lowering the skimmer today : )

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That skimmer needs between 10 and 11 inches of water to work properly, so make sure the chamber it's in is deep enough, and set it accordingly. Also, some skimmers to take a while to break in and start producing. Once you have the water level correct, just let it sit for 24-48 hours and see how it goes.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think there's anything for it to skim and I'm guessing starting with dry rock? If so, you're not going to need it for a while. Once you start to see some algae growth on the sand, glass and rocks, you can turn it on.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My other old school advice would be to pick up Delbeek and Sprung's books, The Reef Aquarium, volumes I & III, those two books will set you on a path of success. I know, reading, but that's something the new reefer isn't doing these days and it shows. Good luck and have fun on this journey!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back