IM 70 Gallon Drop Off

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice following along :cool:

Samantha Nichols

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of 6-7-20

I received my hanging cabinet few days ago, finished painting it yesterday
What kind of paint did you use? And how much you need to spend for painting? I have a plan to paint my cabinet but I am not sure what is the best paint and its cost. Are you willing to recommend it to me?

OP
OP
SammieT

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of paint did you use? And how much you need to spend for painting? I have a plan to paint my cabinet but I am not sure what is the best paint and its cost. Are you willing to recommend it to me?
Honestly, because this is IKEA material
the wood is very smooth and was a hassle to find something that would stick but when it did, it kept leaving streaks and kept having to apply more and more coats

i went with a basic black from home depo and ran it with a roller, had better results that way with multiple coats

drilled and kept moving things around into the cabinet, so i decided to fill it up with wood filler and touch up paint after

i kept changing my mind on how my original vision was planned out and most of it dint work so i kept mixing things up

i spent $20 on paint really and went with a qt instead of a gallon
good thing is that i still have plenty left to toss on more coats and touch up

ill post a picture soon, stay tuned to how my craftsmanship turned out :oops:
ill give you a hint, horrible ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Last edited:
OP
OP
SammieT

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Made some progress on the wiring, still needs a little work but maybe 80% done with the set up

Here's some photos

The one with the lights above the tank should be ignored, the tank is on rollers so I can work on it so it doesn't look like it lines up, but it does

Printing a couple mounts for my power bricks and slowly mounting everything up, trying to make room.

Soon enough, gonna have to power wash my dry rock to scrub whatever is left on it and begin the scape (which sounds like fun)

IMG_20200613_134640.jpg IMG_20200613_134255.jpg IMG_20200613_134251.jpg IMG_20200613_132745.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice work,awesome tank,mission control center! :cool:

Samantha Nichols

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for sharing! Your cabinet luck good, congratulation. I tried your way for painting but with another paint that is Nuvo. I really love this paint. Goes on smooth and drys with a beautiful shiny smooth finish. 2.5 quarts did my whole kitchen. My bathroom. Guest bathroom and my linen closet. Oh and a huge cabinet thing I have. I first bought the kit but needed a bit more for everything I needed to do. It does scratch if you drag something over it pretty roughly.

OP
OP
SammieT

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for sharing! Your cabinet luck good, congratulation. I tried your way for painting but with another paint that is Nuvo. I really love this paint. Goes on smooth and drys with a beautiful shiny smooth finish. 2.5 quarts did my whole kitchen. My bathroom. Guest bathroom and my linen closet. Oh and a huge cabinet thing I have. I first bought the kit but needed a bit more for everything I needed to do. It does scratch if you drag something over it pretty roughly.
Glad it worked out for you! those scratches can be annoying especially if its visible, did you add a clear protective coat on top? those work sometimes to help protect from anything damaging the color

OP
OP
SammieT

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, bad news is the current sump could not keep up with the drainage on the 70
so i had to replace it and run all new pipes, very fun

will update if requested with pics
otherwise i'll just wait till tank is finished cycling

josh childs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I have some questions as I may be looking to get this tank. What are the dimensions of the tank? I can not get a solid answer from bulk reef as they list the tank at 55 inches tall which I do not believe. LxWxH please if you can. Also was there a drop shipping fee or was shipping included in the $1,999? thanks !

OP
OP
SammieT

SammieT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I have some questions as I may be looking to get this tank. What are the dimensions of the tank? I can not get a solid answer from bulk reef as they list the tank at 55 inches tall which I do not believe. LxWxH please if you can. Also was there a drop shipping fee or was shipping included in the $1,999? thanks !
Hey bud, sorry i didn't respond

PM me and ill tell you what you want, I don't get notifications with posts, just messages

Back