OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using the trigger systems triton v2 26 sump. I got it when brs had a half off sale after Christmas. No complaints with it.

I got it at a local plastics shop here in wpb FL. I think its called palm beach plastics.

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the trigger systems sumps. I am considering one of the sumps with the built in filter roller, either the trigger systems platinum or the Geo Auto filter roller.
I am in Miami, so palm beach plastics is alittle too far for me. Thanks again

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the trigger systems sumps. I am considering one of the sumps with the built in filter roller, either the trigger systems platinum or the Geo Auto filter roller.
I am in Miami, so palm beach plastics is alittle too far for me. Thanks again

Definitely no complaints with the sump. Seems solid. I like the idea of the filter roller actually. My original plan involves a refugium so I was going to run without mechanical filtration. Though I took the refugium offline till I can get my nutrients up

Speaking of nutrients up, I've been feeding lrs mixed with mysis, phyto, seldon, and acro power 3x a day trying to make it happen.

My nitrates finally showed up as .5ppm but my phos is still 0.

It had a unintended but welcome side effect in my clown pairs first batch of eggs!

20191013_192804.jpg

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update:

I've been feeding dumb amounts of food 3x a day to try and get nutrients up. My nitrates are back down to .25 ppm and and phosphates are still 0.

I have started growing little splotches of algae here and there but nothing significant.

Im hoping the feeding hits a saturation point and the nit/pho starts to rise.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Finally registered phosphate, it was only .015 so still could be zero but a good sign perhaps. Though I have some kind of slimy bacterial bloom from what I assuming is dosing to many amino's. Have been feeding heavy and dosing dumb amounts of em to get nutrients up. So i'll stop till the bacterial bloom clears. (You can see the bacterial bloom covering algae in the picture below). I'm going to finally slow feeding to get everything back under control and monitor nutrients.

Got a battlebox over black friday and super stoked on it. I'm surprised I managed to not buy a coral till now like my original plan back in janurary was haha.

20191206_202332.jpg

Kygass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tank updates? Starting to consider this tank, and I really enjoyed reading your thread. Hope it’s still going well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back