IM AIO 15 return pump vs wavemaker

  • Thread starter Thread starter TK72
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TK72

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2020
Messages
440
Reaction score
456
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Jebao 10 wavemaker for my tank but even on the lowest setting it makes my torches look like they are hanging on for dear life. I picked up a random flow return nozzle from IM and I'm wondering if I upgrade to a DC pump that's a bit stronger, could I get away with not having a wavemaker/powerhead at all.
 
yea, if you have LPS and softies only then just a stronger return pump and no wave maker would work just fine. Maybe get the IM spin attachment to give it a little random flow pattern
 
yea, if you have LPS and softies only then just a stronger return pump and no wave maker would work just fine. Maybe get the IM spin attachment to give it a little random flow pattern
Wondering if birds nest corals would do okay too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new