I'm back ... New build Lagoon 50

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Some of you may remember me for my Elos 70 build, sadly I have to leave the tank with a good friend after I relocate from NYC to South Florida last August.

I do miss the tank but specially my fish however they ended in good hands of fellow NYC reefers and well is time for a new start, I saved some of my old equipment so this is an advantage to keep things going.

I decided to do a Lagoon 50 this time, I really like the size and build quality so for now this should keep me busy until the next build :rolleyes:

Special tanks to @Bulk Reef Supply & @SaltwaterAq for the black Friday deals and customer support.

Equipment.

-IM Nuvo 50
-APS IM stand
-IM media baskets
-IM - Skimmer
- X 2 - Sicce 1.5
- Cobalt heater
-Maxpect ethereal
-Tunze ATO
-PP8
- 20 lbs Fiji pink - 10 lbs Bimini pink
- 15lbs Pukani rock
- More to come TBD

Pictures of my Elos before shut down

vqOt1JS.jpg

4Ny6xY5.jpg

rnbNyPs.jpg

Now time for the new build :D

CgqeEsp.jpg

yOGlALj.jpg

yUalSoK.jpg

GKgtCfC.jpg

dAR1vIN.jpg

9yHxevB.jpg

6d31BID.jpg

fKQm3pX.jpg

BOZ10Ro.jpg

xBOSN1W.jpg

aUL1VNp.jpg

OP
OP
__Jreef__

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of tank will this be?

You mean livestock ?
If so I like soft corals so most likely will be hammers, torches and gonies.
For fish I'm simple couple clowns (snowflake or miss bar), possum wrasse (my favorite fish), fire fish and of course a radial filefish.

Kamden Uelton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about instead of Radial Filefish Mimic Filefish :), looks better to me and has a really nice personality but whichever you species you like is the species you can get

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I’ve really enjoyed my 50g Lagoon. How are you liking the Two Sicce 1.5 pumps. I’ve been thinking about using that setup and removing the powerheads from the tank. I’m also keeping softies, lps, and bubble tip nems.

OP
OP
__Jreef__

__Jreef__

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for all positive comments

How about instead of Radial Filefish Mimic Filefish :), looks better to me and has a really nice personality but whichever you species you like is the species you can get

Mimic Filefish will be very cool addition, I never see one in person but I remember I saw it one at live aquaria, I'll keep my eye on it the radial was a hard find too when I had it, but maybe I get lucky this time.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Looks good. I’ve really enjoyed my 50g Lagoon. How are you liking the Two Sicce 1.5 pumps. I’ve been thinking about using that setup and removing the powerheads from the tank. I’m also keeping softies, lps, and bubble tip nems.

I really like them, virtually silent, I decided to have two instead of the Sicce 2.0 just in case one fails or one can be clean up when the other one is used.
Do you have a build post?

Nice tank this was my second choice if I didnt go with a cube. Love the lagoons

Thank you, this is my first lagoon and I really like the size of the tank.

Nice tank. Hope your enjoying SoFla. I'm in Miami.

Thank you, I'm not going to lie I do miss NYC specially the food, however I do like SoFla I live in a quiet area and the best is what I don't have to worry about parking and is traffic but not as bad as the one in NYC.
I'm in Hialeah - Border Miami lakes/Miramar and I do work in Doral, do you have any recommendations of LFSs?

Looks great, what are you running in the media baskets?

Thank you.
Right now I'm running the filter socks but after the cycle is completed I'll set up the follow:

Media basket 1 - Blue filter pad floss, 50 Micron filter pad, Cheato.
Media basket 2 - Blue filter pad floss, 50 Micron filter pad, Chemi-pure blue, purigen and carbon if need it.
Chamber 2- IM skimmer - (installed)
Chamber 3 - about 12-15 Marine pure Sphere (installed)

Today I have the chance to build the screen top.

MtNn8uS.jpg

93c1s6G.jpg

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Great , I have a JBJ 45 Gallon cube. I started with replacing my returns with one pump and then converted the tank to having a sump

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Are you liking the random flow generators? What setting and speed are you running your MP10?

Thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back