image.jpg

Very very nice ! Love the colors !

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it from me, Hippo Tangs are over rated.
I've got this one, and I've been thinking about starting a thread a bout ICH, and how this dingbat always gets it when I doing something in the tank, and it takes 4-6 weeks of doing nothing for it to go away, oh, and no other fish gets it. The Hippo is just nuts.

Hmm that’s a bummer. My hippo is Soo tough that when I put a big ole Achilles tang in as my last of the tangs for the tank, I had the worse ich breakout I’ve ever seen before. I watched fish after fish fall and he was the only one that didn’t get it bad at all. He’s so fat and so tough I think the parasites were too scared to try him. I ultimately lost a total of 8 fish, from clowns to six line and mandarins. It was awful. That was 3 months ago and after the Achilles past the tank almost immediately cleared of any signs. Yellow, purple and he all lived.. oh and so did 2 hellfriches my hippo is just a straight up tank.

OP
OP
cameronh

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank, 30 gallons, about two years old, first tank. Going for mixed reef with lots of inverts and small peaceful fish (mostly hiding in this picture).

0711182129.jpg
That's really nice. Looks great.
And welcome to reef2reef lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 10.0%
Back