I'm bored, let's see your reefs.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cameronh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMG_6675.jpeg
 
Here's a video I took of my tank this morning to document it before I do some major pruning. The Stylophora on the right has grown too large. Not only is it shading a big space, but it's restricting swim room and looks bad anyway since from the front it's mostly dead skeleton. It looks nice when viewed from the top though!

Tank is 225 gallons, 7 years old. almost every fish has been in there at least 6 years (yes, including the Moorish Idol, 6 years this month).

 
Ecco un video che ho scattato stamattina al mio acquario per documentarlo prima di fare una potatura importante. La Stylophora a destra è diventata troppo grande. Non solo ombreggia un grande spazio, ma restringe la stanza da bagno e ha comunque un bell'aspetto poiché dalla parte anteriore è per lo più uno scheletro morto. Sembra carino se visto dall'alto però!

Il serbatoio è di 225 galloni, 7 anni. quasi tutti i pesci sono lì da almeno 6 anni (sì, compreso l'idolo moresco, 6 anni questo mese).


Bellissimo una domanda ma il pesce imperator non ti pizzica coralli?
grazie
 
Bellissimo una domanda ma il pesce imperator non ti pizzica coralli?
grazie
Thanks. The Emperor might nibble on some corals. There are corals I cannot keep in this tank -- zoanthids, chalices, acans - and some (not all) of the acropora and montipora get nibbled on a bit. I'm not sure who is doing it though. It's likely either the Emperor, Queen or Moorish Idol. The Moorish Idol I suspect is most guilty.
 
Thanks. The Emperor might nibble on some corals. There are corals I cannot keep in this tank -- zoanthids, chalices, acans - and some (not all) of the acropora and montipora get nibbled on a bit. I'm not sure who is doing it though. It's likely either the Emperor, Queen or Moorish Idol. The Moorish Idol I suspect is most guilty.
wow i did not even see the morsh idol I was to bust looking at the emp. & queen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new