I'm bored, let's see your reefs.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cameronh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My 5 gallon.
2 clowns. 1 cleaner shrimp. 1 sexy shrimp.
5F713C68-D004-4344-BF91-45EEB2CD53B8.jpeg
B8D474ED-564E-4907-B614-E4DC87BE6080.jpeg
6DEE3768-DC1C-4FAF-9EAB-E6AC5DD8E5D6.jpeg
5E136405-3862-4933-935F-8FAB950459DC.jpeg
 
20191025_132736.jpg







Deep sand base with no skimmer
The aquarium has been running for 3 month or so

It has now an automatic refill pump.
I feed once every day with something sold as salmons larvaes ...
Please leave any comment and ideas out there. If you have similar setup and experiences I would love to know about them.
I might try to add a mangrove very soon , but I think I will need to lift the light up a bit , maybe create some sort of box to redirect the light from higher.

Greetings
 
what light do you use? i recently setup a 7 gallon for my wife and i'm trying to find the right fixture.
My suggestion to you
They also do nice nano kits

current.jpg
 
Hey family its been a while since i posted pix of my slice of the ocean. Well here it is. My reef just over a year old, however many of my corals came from my previous build before i upgraded to a larger aquarium. Dosing via ATI essentials pro.

Parameters:
PH- 7.9- 8.2 (Neptunes Prob)

ATI ICP Results below
ALK- 7.68 (Goal 7.5)
Mag: 1374
Cal: 467
SG: 1.026
Nitrate: .01 goal is 2 ppm
Phosphate: .02

Maintenance:
Feed fish (Every other day)
Refill topoff R/0 water (weekly)
Wipe Glass (weekly)
Test nitrate (every two weeks)
Send off ICP test twice a year (Every 6 months give or take)
Trident keeps up with most of the testing.

No water changes thus far.


20191027_173225.jpg
20191028_191321.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new