I'm done, but what corals should go where??

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally completed my aquascape and the tank has settled in. I spent so much time getting the scape the way I wanted, I never thought about what corals I was going to fill it in with. I have mainly zoas and palys along with some torches and hammers, 2 different blastos, 2 plating montis, forest fire digi and some cyphastrea frags. I was hoping the cyphastreas would grow in the shaded areas of the tonga branch, the torches, hammers and blastos on the sand bed, but aside from tha, never gave it much thought. Now, I'm not sure what to do on the tonga branches or the plateau on the left side. Would the zoas and palys work on the top of the tonga and play nice with the cyphastreas?? (pic is 7 months old and before powerheads were added)
P1030006 (2).JPG

OP
OP
danschoenherr

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just remember seeing zoas and cyphastrea together on a large rock somewhere and was hoping they would coexist......with the cyphastrea in the shaded areas and the zoas taking the more lighted areas. I think I have 6 different frags of cyphastrea and was going to try to have each one on a separate tonga branch. Any ideas for the plateau on the left?

Thanks....I am pretty happy with the results. This is my second tank I have put together

kiddbid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great scape! I like putting my cyphastrea toward the bottom of my rocks. They do great at filling in the sides. I could totally see a different variety growing along each tonga branch.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back