IM EXT 75 Price Paid / Side view pics please

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Getting close to pulling the trigger on IM EXT 75 Complete system. Interested in two things:

Side pictures - besides the overflow, how much further off the wall is required for the plumbing? Ive looked at many build threads and google pics and cant seem to find what I seek
Price Paid - preferably before checkout - but will settle for whatever you got. Its already 6 weeks out on delivery, so my guess is there wont be any further discounts above the 20%. I used way back website to look back at past prices since 2020, but the dates are hit and miss. Here is what I have so far. Looks like complete system is same price now as it was on 12/9/22.

1697389776787.png

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. Been up and running about 3 months. It does need about 6 inches from the wall but I was OK with it. If I had to do it again I would I prefer the extra in tank space as opposed to the internal overflow.

20231015_140623.jpg 20231015_140446.jpg 20231013_200654.jpg 20231015_140446.jpg

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Srfnhooker this is great thank you. Did you purchase yours new with their sump? Looks like the return lines are what adds the extra 2.5" beyond the overflow width. Might be able to rework the inlets if it bothers me, but will setup and see. Delivery is end of November so Ill have lots of time to think about it. Nice side cabinet. Did you build those?

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Srfnhooker this is great thank you. Did you purchase yours new with their sump? Looks like the return lines are what adds the extra 2.5" beyond the overflow width. Might be able to rework the inlets if it bothers me, but will setup and see. Delivery is end of November so Ill have lots of time to think about it. Nice side cabinet. Did you build those?
I did. The whole package. It doesn't look like there is any room to reduce that offset from the wall. The fittings are all basically touching with no gap. Side cabinets are from IKEA. One to house the control panel and the other for an IM ato reservoir.

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. Glad to help. I'll follow the build thread if you start one. I'm interested to see any plumbing changes you may come up with.
Wish I would have started a build thread myself. I guess I still can.
Cheers.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming that the outside box is the same as the 100ext. I used street elbows on my returns so the plumbing does not stick out further then the overflow box.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yea I just got off the phone with IM, he said the plumbing doesn't stick out past the overflow box. The overflow box on the 100 and 75 are identical according to the website. I don't see how what he says is correct, but they should know. Maybe the plumbing kit changed? Doubtful but I guess we will see. I need to verify space one more time before I pull the trigger.

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I just got off the phone with IM, he said the plumbing doesn't stick out past the overflow box. The overflow box on the 100 and 75 are identical according to the website. I don't see how what he says is correct, but they should know. Maybe the plumbing kit changed? Doubtful but I guess we will see. I need to verify space one more time before I pull the trigger.
I don't think the rep you talked to knows what he/she is talking about. My plumbing definitely sticks out past the overflow by at least a 3/4 inch. Then to be able to close the valves on the returns you need another inch. Maybe it has changed as you suggest but I've only had my tank a few months. I hope it has changed for all new buyers. And even though mine is offset from the wall as you see, I still don't regret my purchase. Solid build.
As Kstatefan fan did you could swith out the std 90 for a street elbow. How much space does that save and you have to cut the preassembled piping to install it. You could just get the sump and tank then plumb it yourself. Or tank and stand then custom the rest. Lots of different ways to go.

OP
OP
Staplesofficewar

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Srfnhooker done deal man. Tank ordered. Says end of November but rep said it could be sooner - we shall see. I dont love the idea of cutting new pipe, but not scared either. I've always done my own stands, sumps, plumbing... but I'm older now and have more than enough projects lined up as it is. It will be nice to able to setup in a weekend and not take 2 months to build a nice stand. I agree btw - Almost no chance the PVC has changed is 3 months.
Ill document it all here and a YouTube channel my son has been pestering me about.

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with ya. I've done it all before as well albeit years ago. I just wanted something "plug and play". Super easy to set up. Good luck. Hit me up when you get that build thread going.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back