IM EXT owners Need help choosing sump

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 AIOs. Taking down 2 and getting an ext. Never owned a sump tank and have no clue which sump is the right one for these tanks. Also is the plumbing provided by IM enough to get it going? Thanks

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM doesn’t provide any plumbing. The only parts that come with the tank will be the bulkheads in the overflow box and the small stand pipes in the overflow box.

An the two return bulkheads.

I got a Fiji cube 36 for my Ext 100.
My advice is remember the return nozzle will backflow when power is lost so have them higher in the water to prevent possible flooding.

OP
OP
F

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. I'm torn between a cade or IM. I've talked to their rep a few times via email over the last 2 days. They even offered to throw in all of the rock,sand etc. If I go ahead and order even though the promotion ended months ago. Dropping 4k on something I've never seen is a rough one for me.

OP
OP
F

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM doesn’t provide any plumbing. The only parts that come with the tank will be the bulkheads in the overflow box and the small stand pipes in the overflow box.

An the two return bulkheads.

I got a Fiji cube 36 for my Ext 100.
My advice is remember the return nozzle will backflow when power is lost so have them higher in the water to prevent possible flooding.
Good point. I'm also considering the SR120 to avoid possible flooding with a sump. I have an SR80 and cleaning the rear sumps is a pita. Imagine it would be worse on a 6ft. tank

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the figi cubes.. I have a lot of respect for them as I’ve now owned 2 of their sumps. However, what you want to do with the sump is key obviously. Do you want a filter roller? Do you want a large area for a refugium? Single return pump or dual? I wanna run dual..
My last sump(30) came in bad condition due to shipping and they sent a replacement in a timely manner.
The only issue I could really bring up is how sharp the edges are. Then if I’m being nit picky coloring..

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back