IM Fusion 15- First Tank

crestier18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I've had my IM Fusion up since very early January.

Equipment:
Tank: IM Fusion 15
Lid: IM lid
Media Basket: inTank media basket with their filter flood
Wave Maker: Hydor Koralia nano circulation pump
Sand: Bahama oolite live sand
Rock: dry rock from my LFS
Light: NooPsyche k7 mini
ATO: AutoAqua Smart ATO
Heater: hygger 100w heater with temperature probe
Salt: instant ocean
UV Sterilizer: AquaShield 9 watt desktop UV Sterilizer

Stocking:
CUC
Possum Wrasse
various soft corals

Here's a few photos from the setup phase

1679922755758.png

This was about 2 months after setup.
1679922816616.png

I've been dealing with dinos pretty badly. I added the UV sterilizer about 3 weeks ago and it seemed to help some but they come back. I also did a 3 day blackout but they came back again after that too. I've completely cut out white light and use a Turkey baster to suck out the ones that appear throughout the day out of the tank.

Here's the dinos after the appeared at the end of February.

1679923677908.png

Here's today

tempImageY3xzSE.jpg

Anyway, I'm still chugging along with it! I'm hoping I can get through this ugly phase and get everything looking nice before adding hammers and frogspawn, which are my favorite corals. I'd like to add some sexy shrimp as well, but I'm waiting for the tank to stabilize some more. I would love any and all advice!

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also interested in your journey since I want to upgrade to a tank this size in the next 6+ months. I have the same light as you as well. How long have you been running only blue and what were you running your whites at before? Do you know what your levels are at these days?

OP
OP
crestier18

crestier18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also interested in your journey since I want to upgrade to a tank this size in the next 6+ months. I have the same light as you as well. How long have you been running only blue and what were you running your whites at before? Do you know what your levels are at these days?
I really enjoy this tank! The size is perfect for my busy lifestyle and I feel like it’s really easy to scape. I was running only blue for about 3 weeksish? I was running the LPS mode on the light itself before that with the whites a touch higher.

I did another 3 day blackout with my UV running and for some reason it worked this time and the Dino’s are gone and have been for about a week, so hopefully I’m over that hump. I’ll probably wait another month to make sure then I’ll get some more corals and such.

Not sure what my nitrates, ammonia, etc are rn. I’ve not been testing bc I’ve been super busy with school. My spring break starts Thursday so I’ll probably test then.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your scape :) I have the same tank and it's a bit challenging to scape I found. I'll be interested in seeing how your Noo-psyche does, was thinking about using one on my next nano.

OP
OP
crestier18

crestier18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your scape :) I have the same tank and it's a bit challenging to scape I found. I'll be interested in seeing how your Noo-psyche does, was thinking about using one on my next nano.
I really like it! I'm using a light setting from another thread on here and my zoa has doubled its polyps and my mushroom split in just a few months.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updated pics.
I have same tank still in the box.
I run a NP K7V3 on my 20g cube.
It is a nice light.

I upgraded the pump to a Tunze 1073.008. I also modified the sock holder, cut off the sock, and glued in egg crate. I now can use filter floss like my 20.
Also bulit an egg crate bottom for second chamber.

Looking to get water in soon.

OP
OP
crestier18

crestier18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updated pics.
It is a nice light.

I upgraded the pump to a Tunze 1073.008. I also modified the sock holder, cut off the sock, and glued in egg crate. I now can use filter floss like my 20.

I haven't added anything new due to financial issues, so it's just been hanging out. I'm doing a deep clean and water change this weekend so I'll get a photo after that. Hopefully next week I'll be able to grab a couple new corals.

OP
OP
crestier18

crestier18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updated pics.
It is a nice light.

Took me a bit longer than I expected but I got some updated pics!

I took advantage of the Coral Anonymous 4th of July sale and got an octospawn, a new mushroom, and a zoa colony. I'm hoping these will do well and I'll be able to add some more corals soon, especially more LPS.

tempImage3xIcRa.png
tempImagel6dBKz.png

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back