Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FBCDF5F1-A9BE-4051-B7F5-7A2FA92EF3C1.jpeg

9E2FFBC2-2C75-42DF-8818-69CAA7F1437C.jpeg

09E26ECA-9316-4DE3-A7CA-7EE4A55A2C20.jpeg

The first corals are in!!! I went with two zoa frags (the second is pictured because it wasn’t photo ready) and a chalice frag. I also wanted to include a pic of the nem because it was looking good tonight.

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! It looks really good! Just out of curiosity, what do you use to test parameters for water? I'd like to add some coral and an anemone at some point to my 20L (when money allows) but want to make certain I'm not gonna just kill whatever I put in there

Also, do anemones need anything special water wise or just same parameters as fish? I have a mocha clown needing an anemone

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! It looks really good! Just out of curiosity, what do you use to test parameters for water? I'd like to add some coral and an anemone at some point to my 20L (when money allows) but want to make certain I'm not gonna just kill whatever I put in there

Also, do anemones need anything special water wise or just same parameters as fish? I have a mocha clown needing an anemone

Right now, I’m using Red Sea and Salifert, but I plan on getting Hanna checkers also. I test two times a week.

I’ll be honest. I did add the anemone super early. I would never recommend that anyone adds an anemone in a tank under 3 months. In my experience, they do best in a tank that has stable and consistent water parameters. I also gave the best success in passive feeding. I feed mostly frozen fish foods and broadcast feed the tank. The anemone can get the food from the water column. The other two keys are good, quality lighting and good flow.

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5FFE9ED3-60A4-4221-9009-2D04D94DD8C0.jpeg

This is the current update. I had been struggling with diatoms but woke up and boom they are gone!!! I have some snails that are growing algae that they came to me with, but I’ll take care of that tonight.

I did have a chalice that RTN’ed from shipping stress. The heat pack got too hot and it started melting. I hoped I could get it back but it was a loss.

The other corals are doing great.

I’m really glad I added the CUC and corals the way I did. I think it’s helping to maintain balance. My parameters have been steady and everything looks really good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back