Reef Code A
Reef Code B
Microbacter Clean (Half Dose Weekly)
Coral Amino (Dose Whenever I Remember)

Live Stock
Pink Streaked Wrasse Aka
Tailspot Blenny Aka Larry
Oragne Storm ClownFish Pair Aka Genevieve & Moby

I Ditched My 6 Month 15G For This Neat Fusion 20G Much More Space Couldn't Be Any Happier. Transferred Everything Over In One Go Adding A Little Bit Of TurboStart Just Incase.Man Everything Looks So Much Better On This XR15 Love The Spread Just Waiting For My Shade To Come In Due To Tons Of Light Spill.

I Am Currently Facing Issues Of High Alk Consumption But After Asking Around It More Than Likely My New Sand Precipitating Luckily It's LPS/Softies I Sold My Torches :( Didn't Want To
Stress Them Out In The Move Most Ethical Thing I Could Do. Hopefully It Will Balance Out Soon. For Now Daily Testing.

Plan For Some More Meaty Corals, Hopefully Will Get Some Scolys Soon

Parameters
Alk: 7.8
Ca: 450
Mag: 1450
N03: 3.6
N04: 0.02
SG: 35PPT
IMG_5082.jpeg

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome. Interested in learning more about your automation and monitoring. I have been looking into the HYDROS and Apex units.
Thank you!!! To be quite honest with you , It used mainly to power things off in case of an emergency where ever I’m at. I have an overflow sensor which will trigger my ATO and Return Pump Off In the given case the ATO goes rouge or my return get clogged as it has happened with inverts making there way tot he overflow. As well as if it reaches a certain temp it’s will shut my heater off or will warn me if heater does not power on. In terms of usage Hydros is more user friendly, no coding and pretty easy to understand.

TacticalReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!! To be quite honest with you , It used mainly to power things off in case of an emergency where ever I’m at. I have an overflow sensor which will trigger my ATO and Return Pump Off In the given case the ATO goes rouge or my return get clogged as it has happened with inverts making there way tot he overflow. As well as if it reaches a certain temp it’s will shut my heater off or will warn me if heater does not power on. In terms of usage Hydros is more user friendly, no coding and pretty easy to understand.

Nice! I went the budget route right now of setting up some Govee Water Sensors and some smart outlets then setup some functionality in IFTTT for the leak recovery and then just a heat controller for the temperature that kills power to the heater if it gets too hot and then alarms if the tank gets too cold.

I still need to do more research on the Hydros but its good to see the application of it being useful for even nano tanks.

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I went the budget route right now of setting up some Govee Water Sensors and some smart outlets then setup some functionality in IFTTT for the leak recovery and then just a heat controller for the temperature that kills power to the heater if it gets too hot and then alarms if the tank gets too cold.

I still need to do more research on the Hydros but its good to see the application of it being useful for even nano tanks.
They just released a new unit called the launch for the money it’s a heck of deal but yes that much more economical and works . I have some Govee Leds and Light switches and they work like a charm!!

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5395.jpeg

Got some new little pieces and got rid of some.
I’m having some tiny little patches of what appears to be Bryopsis over the past few months I’m heavily considering dosing Reef Flux.To prevent a future outbreak.

beegee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the AI Axis40 whisper quiet? I'm thinking about picking one up and I'm pretty sensitive to the humming sound of the DC pumps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back