OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GIF by TV One
It stayed put thank goodness!!! I’ve been sweating this all day, opened up more than in the box! I have zero nem experience, well 12 rock flowers. Over time 5 have moved right below that spot right on top of one another so my thinking was that was the spot! Very well could move but for now I’m taking the small win!
IMG_4706.jpeg

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
O where to start
Yesterday evening late noticed my dosing line popped off again, PSA all for reef works better in the aquarium and not in the stand. I’ve got some serious wire/cable management that needs to be done. But alk took a small hit and my phosphate is stupid high again.
IMG_4740.png
Came home, believe I’ve got cyano in places. Believe I may have a touch off and on but never caused me an issue. Doesn’t appear to be above the sand line but it has to be. Maybe I was just telling myself it wasn’t with everything else going on, ultimately I didn’t observe well enough!
IMG_4741.jpeg
IMG_4742.jpeg
Fortunately I had ordered calcium carb for a DIY reef snow to help clean up thing and possibly help with killing verminit snails from a video from inappropriate reefer. I’ve noticed more and more new so that was my approach, but mixed with bacteria treats cyano, so win? Sure :upside-down-face:
Should be delivered tonight and start up on that.
My uv has also been off, been missing one piece to finish and get it running, typing this I’m an idiot.. lol gee wiz
In better news, my new mushroom is looking beautiful!
IMG_4745.jpeg

New zoas are all finally opened! Some act so weird, gmks I’ve had a good while, grew 9 from 1 then they shrunk and closed for over a month. Now they are back and better. My g owls started from 1 grew to 3, now 2 Polyps are doing the same shrinking but a new baby on the open one. Who freakin knows, I know some are just prone to problems.
IMG_4744.jpeg
My nem has stayed put praise Poseidon
IMG_4746.jpeg

Got a new algae clip, give’’em a little more room to all eat and not fight.
IMG_4743.jpeg

I did order some more/different liquid bacteria, quite a few different other things they had a pretty good sale at brs yesterday. I did get an upgrade for my rodi, will go from 75 to 150 gph wahoo!
Pretty chill relaxing evening planned with an auction on in the background!
IMG_4747.jpeg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O where to start
Yesterday evening late noticed my dosing line popped off again, PSA all for reef works better in the aquarium and not in the stand. I’ve got some serious wire/cable management that needs to be done. But alk took a small hit and my phosphate is stupid high again.
IMG_4740.png
Came home, believe I’ve got cyano in places. Believe I may have a touch off and on but never caused me an issue. Doesn’t appear to be above the sand line but it has to be. Maybe I was just telling myself it wasn’t with everything else going on, ultimately I didn’t observe well enough!
IMG_4741.jpeg
IMG_4742.jpeg
Fortunately I had ordered calcium carb for a DIY reef snow to help clean up thing and possibly help with killing verminit snails from a video from inappropriate reefer. I’ve noticed more and more new so that was my approach, but mixed with bacteria treats cyano, so win? Sure :upside-down-face:
Should be delivered tonight and start up on that.
My uv has also been off, been missing one piece to finish and get it running, typing this I’m an idiot.. lol gee wiz
In better news, my new mushroom is looking beautiful!
IMG_4745.jpeg

New zoas are all finally opened! Some act so weird, gmks I’ve had a good while, grew 9 from 1 then they shrunk and closed for over a month. Now they are back and better. My g owls started from 1 grew to 3, now 2 Polyps are doing the same shrinking but a new baby on the open one. Who freakin knows, I know some are just prone to problems.
IMG_4744.jpeg
My nem has stayed put praise Poseidon
IMG_4746.jpeg

Got a new algae clip, give’’em a little more room to all eat and not fight.
IMG_4743.jpeg

I did order some more/different liquid bacteria, quite a few different other things they had a pretty good sale at brs yesterday. I did get an upgrade for my rodi, will go from 75 to 150 gph wahoo!
Pretty chill relaxing evening planned with an auction on in the background!
IMG_4747.jpeg
Wow, all your corals in your tank are looking wonderful! What ro/di unit that you have does 150gph?! Do you mean gpd?

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who’d guessed it
IMG_4750.png
Darnnnn... Hopefully it will come quicker then that. I've been pretty lucky with Amazon because I have prime. But sometimes I ordered stuff from other websites like BRS, and USPS was just taking their sweet time... (literally my package was at my local office for two days when it should have been out for delivery).

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazon is at my place more than I’d like to admit, I’m close enough to a hub I can get a lot same day if not the next morning. Lately they have completely failed at this lol!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What a day of ups and downs, I’ve been working on this tank for about 8 solid hrs.
Replaced return pump with TMC 2500, new plumbing.
Decided today was the day to tackle my birds nest/fire hazard of cords and plugs in my stand. 2 times now the dosing line has been popped off due to poor cable management. So that happened, gee wiz it let it get really bad. Not the best bet way better, everything hung with heavy duty Velcro.
IMG_4756.jpeg
IMG_4757.jpeg

After that I cleaned my UV housing, re plumbed with new black tubing, cut over a foot off the total run. Installed an AI 90 return to it so that’s rated max at 900gph… perfect!
Heres where I really messed up bad, after getting it in place I wanted to plug it in so I could set it up on the Mobius app. Plugged it in and water everywhere, I panicked and lost what plug it was so started ripping everything out. Had not put the bulb in so open on the end… blasted water for about 10sec at 90% on the carpet behind the wall and stand. Then it didn’t stop because to the back syphon. Nightmare but I didn’t die so we good, didn’t ruin anything either yet. My neighbors below are not home, hoping I don’t get a knock on the door. It was about 2 gallons, that’s what was short on my water change :upside-down-face::face-without-mouth:.
IMG_4759.jpeg
IMG_4760.jpeg

I did a 10 gallon water change, wiped everything down, fans still going on the floor.. ugh I’m wore out!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day of ups and downs, I’ve been working on this tank for about 8 solid hrs.
Decided today was the day to tackle my birds nest/fire hazard of cords and plugs in my stand. 2 times now the dosing line has been popped off due to poor cable management. So that happened, gee wiz it let it get really bad. Not the best bet way better, everything hung with heavy duty Velcro.
IMG_4756.jpeg
IMG_4757.jpeg

After that I cleaned my UV housing, re plumbed with new black tubing, cut over a foot off the total run. Installed an AI 90 return to it so that’s rated max at 900gph… perfect!
Heres where I really messed up bad, after getting it in place I wanted to plug it in so I could set it up on the Mobius app. Plugged it in and water everywhere, I panicked and lost what plug it was so started ripping everything out. Had not put the bulb in so open on the end… blasted water for about 10sec at 90% on the carpet behind the wall and stand. Then it didn’t stop because to the back syphon. Nightmare but I didn’t die so we good, didn’t ruin anything either yet. My neighbors below are not home, hoping I don’t get a knock on the door. It was about 2 gallons, that’s what was short on my water change :upside-down-face::face-without-mouth:.
IMG_4759.jpeg
IMG_4760.jpeg

I did a 10 gallon water change, wiped everything down, fans still going on the floor.. ugh I’m wore out!
Sounds like an interesting day! Glad everything ended up working out for you!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4756.jpeg
IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg
IMG_4760.jpeg

Jeez what a day! Thankfully everything came together in the end... LOL.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone interested, this is what these asterina starfish do to coralline algae, I personally don’t like it at all! I will hunt these down as soon as I notice. This was just now
IMG_4784.jpeg

And this is what they do, leave a bunch of blotchy white spots on the purple. The pink is where I pulled him off from. I can track them by that pink color if they are moving.
IMG_4785.jpeg
That’s a small one, if you get a few in the same spot they can really go to town.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a bunch of these in my tank... I think I should start removing them... Lol.
Some people don’t mind them, once you have them I don’t think you can ever get rid of them totally. I am just always on the lookout now!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DIY coral snow day!
Pre pic if everything dies…
IMG_4808.jpeg

Using Calcium Carbonate with ZEOback and ZEOfood plus per recommendation.
IMG_4819.jpeg

Went for it, sat for 30 min with only the wave makers on, just kicked the return and skimmer back on… time will tell! More stress than I wanted for a casual Sunday afternoon!
IMG_4809.jpeg
IMG_4813.jpeg
IMG_4814.jpeg
IMG_4818.jpeg

Other than that, got a turbo snail and a few other replacements for the ones I’d relocated. Few more bumblebees also.
Planing to try out using some phosguard later today. Phosphate went up .1 over 5 days so still something I’m battling.
Hopefully tonight I’ll have an alive tank and take some photos!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the free anemone I got “Chicago sunburst” I believe is what he decided it was is doing way better!
When I took possession 2/18/24
IMG_4477.jpeg

And today sorry not a great pic…kinda cloudy haha
IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4820.jpeg

Tips are super bright and the bright green is coming back fast around the lower base! Doesn’t look anything like what it did before!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the free anemone I got “Chicago sunburst” I believe is what he decided it was is doing way better!
When I took possession 2/18/24
IMG_4477.jpeg

And today sorry not a great pic…kinda cloudy haha
IMG_4817.jpeg
IMG_4820.jpeg

Tips are super bright and the bright green is coming back fast around the lower base! Doesn’t look anything like what it did before!
That's awesome!!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been putting today off for what feels like forever and felt like I’ve been working on it today forever!
Kept adding to my collection without mounting anything. Changed quite a bit, I’m down to just a Zoa frag rack! Well 2, made some frags to trade magicians and white zombies! Got about 8, need to do more but too much going on. I’ve got the par meter but need to let things settle, going to turn down a little is my plan. Threw one rock away and a few dying corals from the back. Not sure if I’m happy with it, will def be adjusting and seeing how poorly I did gluing things down lol. I’m hoping I don’t wake up to everything face down in the sand.
After moving I did a 10g water changes and cleaned everything up. I’ve got a new torch, hammer, and acro so I tried to leave space…I dunno. Decided to keep my nicer mushrooms in here for now, don’t want to chance them in the 15g.
Also-while doing all this I started to hear a funny noise, one of my new return lines was actively coming off the fitting above the water level and spraying water. Thank god I was home but ugh I didn’t need to do that in the middle of this. Kinda scary, that would have been catastrophic. I had not touched that part of the tank at all. Anyway bullet dodged for now :upside-down-face: :eek:
Here’s a pic dump, some still pretty irritated but time will tell!
IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpeg
IMG_4953.jpeg
IMG_4951.jpeg
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg
IMG_4943.jpeg

Lastly, my new spot for the fuge seems to be working way better! I started with about a 1/4 of this a few weeks ago. I split in half today and throwing this portion away.
IMG_4941.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4962.jpeg
    IMG_4962.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 13

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been putting today off for what feels like forever and felt like I’ve been working on it today forever!
Kept adding to my collection without mounting anything. Changed quite a bit, I’m down to just a Zoa frag rack! Well 2, made some frags to trade magicians and white zombies! Got about 8, need to do more but too much going on. I’ve got the par meter but need to let things settle, going to turn down a little is my plan. Threw one rock away and a few dying corals from the back. Not sure if I’m happy with it, will def be adjusting and seeing how poorly I did gluing things down lol. I’m hoping I don’t wake up to everything face down in the sand.
After moving I did a 10g water changes and cleaned everything up. I’ve got a new torch, hammer, and acro so I tried to leave space…I dunno. Decided to keep my nicer mushrooms in here for now, don’t want to chance them in the 15g.
Also-while doing all this I started to hear a funny noise, one of my new return lines was actively coming off the fitting above the water level and spraying water. Thank god I was home but ugh I didn’t need to do that in the middle of this. Kinda scary, that would have been catastrophic. I had not touched that part of the tank at all. Anyway bullet dodged for now :upside-down-face: :eek:
IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpeg
IMG_4953.jpeg
IMG_4951.jpeg
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg
IMG_4943.jpeg

Lastly, my new spot for the fuge seems to be working way better! I started with about a 1/4 of this a few weeks ago. I split in half today and throwing this portion away.
IMG_4941.jpeg
Wow, the tank looks awesome! So clean, and all the corals look great and colorful!

Lol, it took me 2 weeks to mount my corals, seems like its a fun task, but I guess not!

JdubC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4958.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpeg
IMG_4953.jpeg
IMG_4951.jpeg
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4949.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg
IMG_4943.jpeg

IMG_4941.jpeg
Gearing up for my first tank and this thread has been an inspiration. Keep it up!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back