OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clam made a new friend yesterday, panicked so no pictures. Rock flower moved and attached to the base/foot of the clam... Pulled it off as gentle as I could but a few filaments came off with the RFA. Don't know if this is a bad thing but didn't seem good, looked open and happy after an hour.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_4265.jpeg
Gonis moved last week, one has been closed for quite a while now. Not good, was my favorite Goni. Other seems very happy!
Took this during a water change, thought it was neat.
IMG_4263.jpeg

Should be getting the last piece of the new IM nuvo 15 build tomorrow, finished the scape tonight. Plan to move some of the soft corals/leathers there.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well sad news
My clam is no longer... non reactive to waving my hand, shriveled tissue pulling into the shell. Waited about 12 hrs of this same state before pulling it. I'm going to hold off on a replacement, I was feeding as much phyto as I was comfortable with daily and believe it was not enough light . Maybe down the road I'll try again but an expensive lesson learned among many.
Now the good new!
My new build is cycling! I don't think I can have 2 build treads so here's where I'm at now! Check it out!
Will give me options to free up some space where those leathers are!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this sponge looking deal…open to that you think? Had this rock almost against the back wall and moved a little. Scared the crap out of me for a sec . Looks like it’s growing up into the acans so need to scrape it off?
IMG_4330.jpeg

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crab always runs when the phone comes out haha
IMG_4331.jpeg

Also some exciting news, one of my jaw breakers has 2 green specks now showing!! lol Im talking real tiny but its there!
IMG_4340.jpeg

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Review of my ClearView Pisces EXO Lid

First-My JBJ 45 came with a glass lid, after pH issues and daily cleaning I took them off within the first 2-3 months. Ran this without a lid for quite a while, lost 2 fish and started to lid shop.

Ordered on Black Friday, think it was 10% off. Came right before Christmas I think so pretty quick! It’s not perfect, a touch long in the back but that’s on me for not contacting them. Everything else is Perfect! I love this so much, didn’t want to spend the money on a “lid” but I’m glad I did! I’ve been super rough with it, not on purpose. I’ve actually stepped on it while laying on a towel cleaning, panicked but no issue at all! Super easy to clean, just hose it down and dry a bit. It looks so nice, no real ware besides a few minor scratches on the feed door. 10/10

IMG_4369.jpeg

Last edited:

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
MAN that's a nice looking tank! I can't wait until mine is stuffed with corals like that! You have a LOT of corals that are on my short list! :)

I got a Pisces EXO lid too. It's just kinda.... meh for me. I really don't like the puzzle pieces so far. They absolutely DO collect salt creep. And the fit is just ok. small gaps around the edges. Partially my own fault with the measurements, but it also would have been nice if they had warned me to measure AFTER adding water since the water slightly bows the tank. Their customer service has been good though. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where did you get these Duncans? Are they a specific strain

MAN that's a nice looking tank! I can't wait until mine is stuffed with corals like that! You have a LOT of corals that are on my short list! :)

I got a Pisces EXO lid too. It's just kinda.... meh for me. I really don't like the puzzle pieces so far. They absolutely DO collect salt creep. And the fit is just ok. small gaps around the edges. Partially my own fault with the measurements, but it also would have been nice if they had warned me to measure AFTER adding water since the water slightly bows the tank. Their customer service has been good though. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.
Thank you! It’s slowly coming along, once my 2nd is cycled I’ll have a big remodel is the plan. Will try and go slow, fast has gotten me in nothing but trouble!

Maybe I don’t have my surface agitation as high, only salt creep I’ve gotten is from when I dip the corner into the tank lol! Maybe a bit on the sides of the glass. Coming from a glass top, no top, then this I guess my bar was set pretty low starting haha

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where did you get these Duncans? Are they a specific strain?
Top ones were from Queen City corals, they call them Icy Blue Duncan’s that have a really cool texture to the tentacles and one of my favorites to feed. I’ve seen them other places with a different name, think booberry is the name I saw from TSA. The bottom I bought at a local auction, don’t believe it’s got any fancy name.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Review of my ClearView Pisces EXO Lid

First-My JBJ 45 came with a glass lid, after pH issues and daily cleaning I took them off within the first 2-3 months. Ran this without a lid for quite a while, lost 2 fish and started to lid shop.

Ordered on Black Friday, think it was 10% off. Came right before Christmas I think so pretty quick! It’s not perfect, a touch long in the back but that’s on me for not contacting them. Everything else is Perfect! I love this so much, didn’t want to spend the money on a “lid” but I’m glad I did! I’ve been super rough with it, not on purpose. I’ve actually stepped on it while laying on a towel cleaning, panicked but no issue at all! Super easy to clean, just hose it down and dry a bit. It looks so nice, no real ware besides a few minor scratches on the feed door. 10/10

IMG_4369.jpeg
That lid looks great!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not much for updates, added another brother and sister to my special mushroom with the same parent
IMG_4464.jpeg

did some cleaning and a 20% water change. I foolishly ordered some more nice zoas, a mushroom, and a nem… we will see how that shakes out, think that will be Tuesday’s problem haha. Went to a clown fish breeders house this morning to get a new pair for my 15g, he really was trying to sell me RBTAs for 25 a pop. Told him I have one coming… then he says “someone game me a Colorado a while back and it’s not doing well for me, do you want it”? Well I said yes, it looks really really bad and wasn’t ready for it but made a make shift acclimation box and see what happens…after shopping for nems, if this is a Colorado sunburst then I’m in for a long recovery to get this healthy and color up. Doesn’t look like much at all
IMG_4477.jpeg
Here’s some shots, some good growth this week, need to cut down the amount I’m feeding.
IMG_4472.jpeg
IMG_4475.jpeg
IMG_4469.jpeg
IMG_4467.jpeg
IMG_4468.jpeg
IMG_4465.jpeg
IMG_4461.jpeg
IMG_4462.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back