Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM Nuvo 15 Build

Tank Been Running For About 5 Weeks Now
Since my original Flex 9 build was no longer going into my office , I had the 15G gifted and swapped over my 4 week old cycled dry rock.I did experiment a bit upon cycling, Mixed different vendors bacteria to add diversity ( Microbacter Start XLM , Dr. Tim , Tubrostart 900 ) Tank got pods within 2 weeks . Yes I added a Rainbow BTA right away. It has really taken off Consistency/Stability is the key.

Equipment List
Prime 16HD w/ 3D Reefing Diffuser
Running Pennywise AB+ Saxby
Axis 40 Return Pump
Nero 3
ISeaLive Manual Filter Fleece Roller
Helio 100w Heater
IM UV Sterilizer
Tunze 9001 Skimmer ( Don’t have it installed)

I’ve had pretty steady numbers
PO4: 0.06
Nitrate: 3ppm

Weekly 1.5 WC

Livestock:
Orange Storm
Tail spot Blenny
Cleaner Shrimp ( May be leaving soon messes with nem to much)
Clown Goby

I’m currently debating running skimmer online just to bring PH up.

IMG_3859.jpeg IMG_4115.jpeg

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have you been liking the isealife roller? I've been looking for a replacement to socks, and floss doesnt work well in our really small chambers.

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have you been liking the isealife roller? I've been looking for a replacement to socks, and floss doesnt work well in our really small chambers.
Tbh this fleece roller a champ , Skeptical at first .I’ve ran filter floss prior and let me just say this thing keeps my nutrients down , better than filter floss and a MiniQ skimmer. If you do get one , make sure you don’t spin it too consistently to avoid too low nutrient. Iv got my number down to PO4 0.02 NO3 1.2 a little too low for my liking by spinning it too much but got it set up now to spin it like 3-4 times every morning and every night

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh this fleece roller a champ , Skeptical at first .I’ve ran filter floss prior and let me just say this thing keeps my nutrients down , better than filter floss and a MiniQ skimmer. If you do get one , make sure you don’t spin it too consistently to avoid too low nutrient. Iv got my number down to PO4 0.02 NO3 1.2 a little too low for my liking by spinning it too much but got it set up now to spin it like 3-4 times every morning and every night
Thanks! How long does a roll end up lasting you, and have you noticed any smell?

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! How long does a roll end up lasting you, and have you noticed any smell?
No smell that I can tell even when removing the cover , to be honest I’m a little past half way a month in I’m probably expecting it to last another month. Prob could go longer if I hadn’t been spinning completely daily.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off to a very good start i see, well done! :star-struck: how do you like the new Axis return pump?

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off to a very good start i see, well done! :star-struck: how do you like the new Axis return pump?
Thank You!!! Let’s hope it stays this way.
Very quiet and small forum factor. Prob overkill for this tank I’m only running it at 23% since I have the Nero 3 but nothing beats being able to control everything via Mobius.

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Like your rock flower garden. Did you get them at a local shop or online?

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Year Update , I purchase a nice little Acanthophyllia that turned out problematic the first week you could say , Relased everything it has inside and caused a mini NO3 spike.Water changes took care of it luckily. Moved some corals around and everything looking nice and puffy. Now just try to naturally bring my PH up from 7.9 to hopefully 8 and above.
IMG_4537.jpeg
IMG_4540.jpeg

OP
OP
Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Alex’s_Mini_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4720.jpeg
IMG_4731.jpeg

Here’s a little update , Ended up ditching the Tunze and fit a Magtool Skimmer with a airline running outside now seeing my PH 8.1. Also giving the HYDROS Controller a Try To Monitor my system.

I sold some pieces and have some torch corals coming on there way this week. So far the tank is extremely happy and going strong.

Attachments

• IMG_4727.jpeg
    IMG_4727.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 67

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back