IM Fusion 15g adventure!

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I never thought of myself ever owning a Nano tank but when IM announced the pre-order for the Fusion 15g, I said to myself I have to give a shot since my main tank is in the basement so it would be nice to have something in the living room.

I started with replacing the pump that came with the Fusion, I had a Sicce 1.0 and 1.5 sitting around so I tried the 1.0 and felt it was not enough flow and replaced it with the 1.5. The 1.5 is adequate for now but I may replace that as well with something a little more stronger. For lighting I chose the NooPsyche K7 mini, for the price I think it is well worth it. I have not taken any Par measurements but it looks as though it more than adequate, 1 note the fan coming on and off can be a distraction but it only runs for a few seconds and is tolerable for now.

Rocks I grabbed some rubble from my main tank and purchased some Caribsea nano rock, sand is Caribsea Pink sand. I purchased a Bubble Magus mini Q skimmer but have yet to install it. One thing I feared about nano's is topping off since even a small amount of water can change so quickly, I had a Duetto ATO laying around so I grabbed an empty 1 gal bottle and put it into the stand. As for the stand I was going to build something but didn't have enough plywood and with the price of lumber these days, it wasn't worth the it, so I found a CoralVue 14/16 stand for a decent price and the Fusion fits nicely on it.

I grabbed some frags from my main tank to get things rolling and away we go!

68925688144__A0CDE868-6F62-4CDE-9C6A-5E084B0F8637.jpeg IMG_0798.jpeg IMG_0801.jpeg IMG_0806.jpeg IMG_0807.jpeg

OP
OP
juiceguy

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you like the light?
The light definitely has the output to grow anything, there are only 3 channels to control, white, blue and violet. My only hang-up on the light is the fan noise, it comes on and off throughout the day and is loud enough to be a distraction for me otherwise at this price point, it is a very good light.

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light definitely has the output to grow anything, there are only 3 channels to control, white, blue and violet. My only hang-up on the light is the fan noise, it comes on and off throughout the day and is loud enough to be a distraction for me otherwise at this price point, it is a very good light.
Yeah that's one of my concerns ... a few people got connection issues... are you able to connect easily?

Also looking at nicrew 100w and AI prime (hoping it will drop a little more lol)

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, the fan bothers you? Mine comes on as you said but unless I'm listening for it or have my head right by it, it's nearly silent.

OP
OP
juiceguy

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah that's one of my concerns ... a few people got connection issues... are you able to connect easily?

Also looking at nicrew 100w and AI prime (hoping it will drop a little more lol)
The Wi-fi connection was a little bit of a hassle at first but it took maybe 10-15 mins to finally get it up and running and it has been stable with no drop outs.

OP
OP
juiceguy

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow, the fan bothers you? Mine comes on as you said but unless I'm listening for it or have my head right by it, it's nearly silent.
I have the tank in my living room and the only the only sound I get from the tank is the fan, not a deal breaker but I had to point that out as it may be an issue for some people.

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
expecting to order some Gulf live rock in around 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, the light will appear about the same time. I was thinking of installing a wavemaker instead of a new pump.

OP
OP
juiceguy

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Made some changes to the setup, removed the dual return and went back to the stock single flow, installed a Tune nano powerhead for a more even flow throughout the tank. I have yet to install the skimmer as there is still not much waste in the tank, Phos is .02 and Nitrate at 5.
I started to slowly add corals from my main tank to see how they will fair, also I picked up an AI Prime light to compare to the K7, the AI is a more rounded light with the additional channels.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 82

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Made some changes to the setup, removed the dual return and went back to the stock single flow, installed a Tune nano powerhead for a more even flow throughout the tank. I have yet to install the skimmer as there is still not much waste in the tank, Phos is .02 and Nitrate at 5.
I started to slowly add corals from my main tank to see how they will fair, also I picked up an AI Prime light to compare to the K7, the AI is a more rounded light with the additional channels.
Wow do you plan on keeping the k7?? if not ill buy it off you?

ScurvyFrog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did the stand come from? Looking for one for my IM 15. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back