IM FUSION 40 BUILD

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took a vacation day today and brown finally showed up at 2 with my new fusion 40 and api stand. bought it from BRS and came very well packed. i know every one likes pics but this it so far. updates to come. IMG_7780.JPG IMG_7778.JPG

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got the tank and stand up. had to shim 2 sides but i got it level. i switched the stock pump for a sicce 2 pump that i see a lot of people do. i had to remove the suction cups that came with it and use some leg less ones. other than that it fits good. i will be working on rock and sand today hopefully. i hear we have snow coming tonight so i probably will have spend most of the day tomorrow shoveling. i need to move where there palm trees ! IMG_7783.JPG IMG_7785.JPG

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had to take a break. i am trying to lay out my rocks. i hate this part ! i am never happy when i am done.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok rocks are almost done. i have to add a small one between the left vertical wall and the small one in the center. i am going to use a piece from 125 gallon that is already encrusted with coraline. should help seed the other rocks. i don't love the look but i can live with it. IMG_7790.JPG

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’s coming out good! What kind of corals are you going to keep?
thanks for the comment, i am not sure yet what i want to keep . i have some softies that i could transfer and keep it simple, but i would like to have color also. maybe a mixed this time. i also thought about some easier sps only. i did get it up and running last night but i might move a couple of pieces of rock around depending on what i put in there. the spin streams are noisy but i have heard once they break in they are silent. they do not seem to be as bad this morning.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the ato hooked up and making some water so i can fill it and test it. so far so good. IMG_7793.JPG IMG_7795.JPG

Ezrunner23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the comment, i am not sure yet what i want to keep . i have some softies that i could transfer and keep it simple, but i would like to have color also. maybe a mixed this time. i also thought about some easier sps only. i did get it up and running last night but i might move a couple of pieces of rock around depending on what i put in there. the spin streams are noisy but i have heard once they break in they are silent. they do not seem to be as bad this morning.

You can find some good colors on softies.
I’m trying to do a mix just started let’s see how it goes!

uvafred13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got the tank and stand up. had to shim 2 sides but i got it level. i switched the stock pump for a sicce 2 pump that i see a lot of people do. i had to remove the suction cups that came with it and use some leg less ones. other than that it fits good. i will be working on rock and sand today hopefully. i hear we have snow coming tonight so i probably will have spend most of the day tomorrow shoveling. i need to move where there palm trees ! IMG_7783.JPG IMG_7785.JPG
3x since synchra 0.5?? What are those

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3x since synchra 0.5?? What are those
are you talking about the return pump ? i replaced the stock one with a sicce 2.0 pump since the spin streams will slow the pressure down some. also very quiet.

uvafred13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you talking about the return pump ? i replaced the stock one with a sicce 2.0 pump since the spin streams will slow the pressure down some. also very quiet.
It must have been a Jedi mind trick. I saw multiple pumps but there's only one. Where did you get the adapter to go from 3/4" to 1/2"? Are you running it at full gph setting?

I bought one for my 40 might put it in today.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must have been a Jedi mind trick. I saw multiple pumps but there's only one. Where did you get the adapter to go from 3/4" to 1/2"? Are you running it at full gph setting?

I bought one for my 40 might put it in today.
i saw the reflection also and does look like two. i got the adapter from lowes. i am running it at full speed. i had to replace the stock suction cups with ones with shorter legs so i could slide it down side ways. then i screwed the adapter on with the hose barb already screwed into the adapter. you might have to boil some water and put the hose in to loosen it up to go on the barb at the pump. i also had to cut about 1/2 inch of hose off at the outlet connectors. i did all this while the tank was off the stand to make it easier. everything runs great. i also am using the spin streams that seem like they starting to quiet down some. hope this helps.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm liking this build, the IM tanks are so clean. Looking forward to your progress.
thanks man, i was going to buy this in october but went with a marineland 60 cube instead. that turned out to have a bad stand that lead to a bubble in the silicone. finally got this one and i am glad i did. never had a aio so there are some things to learn. i will let you know how it goes. how is your tank doing ?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks man, i was going to buy this in october but went with a marineland 60 cube instead. that turned out to have a bad stand that lead to a bubble in the silicone. finally got this one and i am glad i did. never had a aio so there are some things to learn. i will let you know how it goes. how is your tank doing ?
We've had some hard times with the tank but it's still going. Once we move I'm gonna redo a lot in the tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%

Back