OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up a frag of speckled kraks today. could not pass up the black friday sales.
speckled kraks.png

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took my last bangaii cardinal back to the lfs yesterday. i switched from frozen food to hikari marine s and could not get it to eat it. he told me a lot of the bangaii he gets are that way. i feel better that it did not starve to death.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
read through your build, good work!
I just started a IM40 today, thinking about making a build thread.
thanks, making a build thread is a good way to keep track of your tanks progress and helps others with questions they may have when first starting out. can't wait to see yours !

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a one year update video. had to battle some bubble algae and a little hair algae. i got sloppy with dipping some frags and paid the price. been using vibrant the last two months and has worked well.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got a pair of black ice clowns yesterday. they seem a little thin so i am going to keep an eye on them. they did eat last night before the lights went out.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
decided to return my lone black ice clown in exchange for these storms. it was a hard decision but i have no experience with pairing clowns. i did get some great input on how to from other reefers on here and i thank you all. but in the end i really liked the storms and did not want to take a chance on having two of them fighting.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
added a couple pieces of rock that i cured to finish off the front scape. had a fews frags melt when i adjusted the color from 0 to 15 over a 3 week period. was running the intensity at 75 for 8 hours a day. i have adjusted it back to 65 now. may take it a bit lower so i can maybe get it back to 15 on the color. IMG_1902.JPG IMG_1898.JPG

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is your current fish stocking list?

As far as filtration are you just running the two intank media baskets?

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does your powerhead stir up sand / move it at all? I have an IM 30L and my jebao (on the lowest setting) will move a big corner around. trying to figure out where to put it so that doesn't happen but to no success.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is your current fish stocking list?

As far as filtration are you just running the two intank media baskets?
i have two orange storm clowns and a royal gramma. i am running the intank media baskets as well.

OP
OP
chum

chum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does your powerhead stir up sand / move it at all? I have an IM 30L and my jebao (on the lowest setting) will move a big corner around. trying to figure out where to put it so that doesn't happen but to no success.
i have my jebao ow10 sitting below the twin spin streams . i have it facing foward .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back