IM Fusion lighting enough for encrusting montis?

trimma0426

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
42
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to have encrusting montiporas grow well under the stock lighting of the IM Fusion?
It comes with 2 Skkye 18 watt lamps. I understand that more intense lighting may be required for some of the other SPS species, but as I am only interested in the encrusting species, Im wondering if I can get away with it with this tank.

Thanks in advance.
 
It will be fine for growing. However, keep in mind, the colors may be more dull. You could probably grow birdsnest, as well.
 
It will be fine for growing. However, keep in mind, the colors may be more dull. You could probably grow birdsnest, as well.

Thanks.. as I'm not a fan of tanks that look mostly blue from the lights, I'm sadly used to some corals not poppping out color wise. I am glad to see they can grow fine however.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new