I'm having problems with a Skimz Zeovit reactor.

Flameback Pair

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
6,042
Location
LIVING WELLS MONTANA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this from BRS. The bulkhead where the water output on the body is, the output pipe is loose and there's a bunch of salt creep around it. Obviously leaking. I think the joint where the output tube is connected to the hole in the skimmer body the seal is broken. I will disconnect the plumbing to the reactor, drain the water out, and take a good look at it later tonight. I hear BRS carries a full line of Skimz product parts.
 
https://goo.gl/photos/awgdWVrHvaKgiXVr9
awgdWVrHvaKgiXVr9
 
Yikes, I wish there was a simple fix I could tell you. I love the idea of the in sump reactor. I'm running an avast marine external reactor.
 
^Photo in link above shows output pipe completely broke off joint with reactor body. BRS handles Skimz's warranty service.

Hey there powers2001! We're out of the office until Tuesday, but as soon as I get in I will have customer service give you a call and we'll get this sorted out for you :) Thanks, and happy holidays!
 
Yikes, I wish there was a simple fix I could tell you. I love the idea of the in sump reactor. I'm running an avast marine external reactor.
This reactor runs external or internal. I'm running it external off my return pump. I was advised to take the stones out and put them in the sump so I can use them again so I put them in a media bag and placed in the skimmer chamber.
 
Hey there powers2001, it sounds like CS was able to get a hold of you and help out :) Let me know if I can help with anything else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new