Im having trouble aquascaping...

TaylorLee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little inspiration. And i have better ideas when i see other aquascaping. Feel free to post your pictures up and show your tank off to everyone on the forum and help me get an idea on what to do for my aquascaping. All aquascaping is great in its own way so dont be afraid to post it :p. Thanks to all who respond and remember... Have fun with it!!

-Taylor

Norcalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4626.jpg
I hope you can see it ok, but this is one of my better jobs. I really do think it turns out better if you can take the time to glue or fasten together the rock and I like how cutting my rock turned out. At first I was not sure about having so much unnatural flat space on the rocks, but now I like it. What I did was draw a square on a table the size of my tank, so I could play with the rock right in front of me, but know it would fit my tank latter. I guess that really only works well if you're not cycled yet and are not worried about having your rock dry out.

OP
OP
TaylorLee

TaylorLee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4626.jpg I hope you can see it ok, but this is one of my better jobs. I really do think it turns out better if you can take the time to glue or fasten together the rock and I like how cutting my rock turned out. At first I was not sure about having so much unnatural flat space on the rocks, but now I like it. What I did was draw a square on a table the size of my tank, so I could play with the rock right in front of me, but know it would fit my tank latter. I guess that really only works well if you're not cycled yet and are not worried about having your rock dry out.

I can see it for the most part. the middle is kinda dark but it look nice! Beautiful lighting as well. I really like this. My rock is dry rock so im not worried about it drying out haha :) Mine will be a 6ft 125 gallon dt. All in all your aquascape looks great! Thanks for the reply!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am also going to do a rescape soon so I'll be following this!

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine. If you like what you see, I've got details in my build log as to how I made the formation on the left. Tank dimensions are 84.5" x 30" x 24":

IMG_0432.jpg

RSide.jpg

Center.jpg

LSide.jpg

LSide2.jpg

rocko7117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the way mine is done going to start adding coral next week!!! Its a work in progress but comming along.

Attachments

• 333569_462361613786381_674845079_o.jpg
    333569_462361613786381_674845079_o.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 507

scottkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MBLS55 - very nice! Side question, what type of light hangers are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MBSL55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice MBSL55 I like that a lot, nice and open with a lot of personality in what rock is in there. Very nice.

Thank you, it is combination of Fiji and whatever I found when folks were breaking down their tanks. The large shelf piece is a slab of Texas Holey Rock. Very dense and heavy but interesting shapes and openings. Much of the rock was bleached and then given an acid bath to open it up.

Who made the tank? Amazing!

Thank you, made by Planet Aquarium. They are local here in the Dallas area. The guy who builds the tanks there used to be a master builder for Oceanic. That is about as large as they can go on a rimless and trimless tank.

MBLS55 - very nice! Side question, what type of light hangers are those?

Thank you, they are the EXT tank stand and light mounts made by AI specifically for the Vega fixture.

OP
OP
TaylorLee

TaylorLee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All very beautiful tanks and thanks again for every1s feed back! The more the merrier. I see a lot of great ideas in this thread so far. Would any1 else like to show me what they've got? From the smallest, to the biggest, all is welcome!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 78 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 38 16.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back