Im not use to major equipment on smaller reef tanks system, who could help in this?

Old Man Of The Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will stay for now until after the holidays into the start of next year with the 175 MH lights on the
180 and will see about getting one the Euroreef skimmer working with the calcium reactor and I will have Thong check the lighting that it properly operating and I only will have to add on timers.

I say that because i will not be getting any major SPS corals for more then 6-7 months and I feel that its more important to me that I have the 40 gal breeder setup as I original wanted it for corals and fish.

So, I spoken to thong on the phone and he needs for me to tell him of the model of the skimmer and so that I would want on the 40 gal breeder. Like skimmer and chiller and im guessing the calcium reactor as well. So please give some help in this for I never done so small a tank with a calcium reactor and all and with a chiller no less.

I need info on the small reservoir as well so as soon as I get this all together for thong, im to email him this and I already told him that I wanted an all glass custom build sump to fit under the tank as tight fitting as possible, to fit under the tank. I hope that I explained this well enough, for I hope to get this together by Tuesday and email to Thong. Thanks in advance.

So I will need a:

(1) skimmer model
(2) Calcium reactor model (small model)
(3) chiller model (I think with the sump will be a total 70 gal water volume)
(4) water reservoir (A small system in which will be outside of the tanks stand)
(5) heater I have
(6) T-5 model lights

And do help list what I not thought of here, Thanks

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have an ASM Mini G on my 30 gal with sump and I love it. That thing rocks.

Not sure on the others because I don't run a chiller or calcium reactor on my 30.

I also have a 250 14k Phoenix bulb above this tank.

Sandy

OP
OP
O

Old Man Of The Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pufferpunk, Im only in places where they don't allow rude people :horse:

Hi Sandy, I am looking at the ASM as my possible skimmer, but also I see that i have to rebuild the canopy that I have for its too low, its like 7 1/4" from the water surface. So in the idea of having to have a second canopy build, I will be looking to MH.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back