IM Nuvo 170 EXT Ordered

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a biocube 32 up and running for 3 years. It has been enjoyable and I always knew it was a stepping stone. I built a mixing station and added a Profilux 4. The tank is pretty much automated. My thinking was to figure out the controller, dosers and water changes on a smaller tank.

I have been very happy with the GHL eco system and plan to complete it with KH and ION Directors. Lighting will be Mitras and any pumps will need to be 0-10v controlled for the Profilux.

I know I would like a sump with a filter roller and have been looking at the Trigger and just found the GEO this morning. Lots to research and looking for advice.

Going with twin RO Varios-8 return pumps and 200INT Regal skimmer. Looking at the Tunze 6105 for wave pumps.

I am excited to get going on this build and would love feedback on my equipment list. Taped off the new tank area. The carpet will be a challenge but I'll figure it out.

Such a great site to have people offer their experience and comments.

20210725_122944.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice upgrade coming your way-- congratulations! ;)
Going over the sumpnchoice right now. I know I want a filter roller and really like Geo's sump. He told me a 20 week build time and the tank is shipping this week. Who would have thought that!

Talked with Bashsea and could modify their Signature sump and drop in a Clarisea. Other option is a Platinum Trigger.

Head is spinning trying to figure out which way to go.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why a filter roller? very expensive thing to replace a washable, reusable $8 item? not only that but mechanical filtration like a roller catches a lot of good stuff that’s beneficial to the system.

OP
OP
R

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am switching the floss in my bio cube and sometimes don't change other than every week. Just reading about everyone saying filter roller is the only way to go.

Leaning towards the Bashsea setup and will see how the socks go.

OP
OP
R

*Ruffian*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank will arrive on Tuesday! I am pretty much set on Bashsea equipment after searching and watching youtube over the last few days. Talking with SaltwaterAquarium.com, there will be a sale the second week of August.

Trying to size up the sump now. I don't plan on having a fuge but don't want to rule that option out. I have an automatic generator so power outages should not be a problem. I also plan on putting check valves on the return lines.

I am planning on 6-30 skimmer, 2 x 4-12 reactors, 6-30 Bio Mass reactor and a 6-12 waste collector. Some or all of these could reside out side of the sump. Planning on running a Varios 8 as the return, Varios 4 for the skimmer and a Varios 4 or 6 for a manifold serving the reactors.

I don't need an ATO tank as I will pump RO from the mixing station.

My stand interior usable space is 53 x 24. How small of a sump could I go with if equipment wasn't in the sump just return lines, and the pumps?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back