IM nuvo 20 return pump upgrade question

evodrgn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite sure if I should be posting this in the AIO section or in the equipment section so mods feel free to move this thread if need be

This is my first AIO tank after taking an eight year break from the hobby and after reading about how so many have upgraded the nuvo 20's return pump I decided to do the same. I upgraded to the SIcce silent 1.0 pump and noticed that the middle chamber for the return has dropped dramatically as compared to when I was running the stock pump. I'm also running two spinstreams on the pump too. Is the return chamber suppose to be way lower that the other side chambers or am I doing something completely wrong?

I've also read that people replace the stock pump with two separate return pumps but I have no experience with AIO and have never seen the back of any of the tanks that others have set up before.

I've attached three images to try and show the difference in water level that I'm trying to describe. I've actually turned the flow down a little past halfway on the pump and it sits at about the same level as it does when the pump is on full blast.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a innovative marine lagoon 25 and what I try to do is keep my return pumps water about an inch or two from the side chamber so you get more water flow from the 2nd to the return. What you can do is add more water because it's pushing so much out that your overflow/baffles arent pushing enough water so if you raise the height of the water you'll get more water going through there.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 30L. Just add more water. Middle chamber is also where I have my stomach switch

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.5%
Back