The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's what they do, lol.

I've Been hunting for an 8 line (Pseudocheilinus octotaenia) for years now, buggers are hard as hell to find anymore. I remember them being like a 10 dollar fish. I think they are Hawaiian endemic tho.
I saw 2 Eightline Wrasse - Pseudocheilinus available last year I believe it was in September or October.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tetrataenia is definitely the prettiest.
1715088989587.jpeg
Supposedly (Don’t hold me to it) these guys are the most peaceful in the genus and are much better behaved with other wrasses.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have a black fin fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus melanomarginatus), and would you mind sharing some pictures?

I was browsing on tankstop and saw them on sale. I can't remember seeing one in an aquarium before. Knowing they are scottorum group, I am sure they are hateful, but they do look pretty from these photos from reefbuilders.

1715010566351.png

1715010577912.png
Meet dumbo… He was with me for 3-4 years.
IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

Their colouring is stunning, and although I’ve only owned one (plus if we look at my insane luck with mixing wrasses) this guy was peaceful and didn’t bother anything, he was with my two Lubbock’s and also my Naokoae.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet dumbo… He was with me for 3-4 years.
IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

Their colouring is stunning, and although I’ve only owned one (plus if we look at my insane luck with mixing wrasses) this guy was peaceful and didn’t bother anything, he was with my two Lubbock’s and also my Naokoae.

Wow! Such a good looking fish! Even better looking than I imagined.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Such a good looking fish! Even better looking than I imagined.
Honestly, I loved his vibrant red anal fin and the much darker overall body. He is without a doubt one of the most unusual fairies I’ve kept as they’re mostly orange but this guy is a dark green, almost black overall colour.

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve yet to get a no. Blurry photo since I let him free but here is Spike my six line in the acclimation box.

Wrasse are definitely my favorite type of fish.

He will be my only wrasse tho since it’s only a 32ext.

Lucky for me six lines are my favorite. Keeps flat worms and nudis away/off my SPS like a dream!
IMG_1080.jpeg

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses like pods:

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses like pods:

Thanks for the heads up! That vendor sounds cool haha

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasses like pods:
Great Products,

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunch time photos for wrasse Wednesday. It’s already hard enough to photo them, and the powdered food in the water doesn’t help.

IMG_5216.jpeg

IMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg
Isosceles is one I’d love again, I just never see them and my 5’ is at a point that I’ll be slightly more picky with wrasses to go into it. I mean we’re at 13 total currently with 20 total fish. I can possibly get another 5 wrasses in and if (more likely when) the Jade is removed, I can maybe replace him with 1-2 more wrasses.

My nano I’m now just going to stick with the fish I have and as they pass I probably won’t replace many of them so I’ll possibly have room for some more smaller wrasses like Pinkies (the original plan was pinkies to be the main fish) eventually.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isosceles is one I’d love again, I just never see them and my 5’ is at a point that I’ll be slightly more picky with wrasses to go into it. I mean we’re at 13 total currently with 20 total fish. I can possibly get another 5 wrasses in and if (more likely when) the Jade is removed, I can maybe replace him with 1-2 more wrasses.

My nano I’m now just going to stick with the fish I have and as they pass I probably won’t replace many of them so I’ll possibly have room for some more smaller wrasses like Pinkies (the original plan was pinkies to be the main fish) eventually.

I love him, and happy I got another after losing my old guy a while back.

Just wish he wasn’t so docile/timid with the other fish. He’s cool with me, and I can almost “pet” him (if I hold my finger/hand still in the tank he will swim by slowly and rub up against my finger), but when it comes to the other fish he is a coward haha.

I think mine would die if he had to be around any real bruisers like a jade or Naoko or anything else more boisterous!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love him, and happy I got another after losing my old guy a while back.

Just wish he wasn’t so docile/timid with the other fish. He’s cool with me, and I can almost “pet” him (if I hold my finger/hand still in the tank he will swim by slowly and rub up against my finger), but when it comes to the other fish he is a coward haha.

I think mine would die if he had to be around any real bruisers like a jade or Naoko or anything else more boisterous!
My ones were both very timid and loved being the centre of attention. But they both were in my nano with much more docile fish.
Obviously I’ve got my big wrasse gang that has slowly become more peaceful over the last few years - Started with a Jade, Melanomarginatus, plus the 2 Lubbocks and now have 4 flashers, Aquamarinus, Flavidorsalis, the Jade, Gold Nugget, 2 Meleagris Leopards and a Pencil - plus 2 more which I’m forgetting. But I don’t think an isosceles would ever manage to work with them - although I also wasn’t too sure how a Pencil would work out and he went in and is still loving it (although he’s a weird one when it comes to bed time - sometimes it’s not until 6 he sleeps and other times it’s just after 3).

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Earl is chilling at my house until @Crabby48 is ready to put him in with his big boys. *shhh... this is not the 6th tank in my house :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
1000035652.jpg

He's been settling in for a week and we're buds. I'm gonna break out the good camera before he goes home.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earl is chilling at my house until @Crabby48 is ready to put him in with his big boys. *shhh... this is not the 6th tank in my house :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
1000035652.jpg

He's been settling in for a week and we're buds. I'm gonna break out the good camera before he goes home.
There a return policy on that handsome dude? Sorry @Crabby48 , I'd probably skip town with that Earl and start my new life (and tank) in another country far far away!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000035652.jpg

Is this the one he had had fir some time? Did something happen with the big tank?

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
He sold his original a little while back.
He's had this one about 6 months and needed to be housed out of copper. I had a clean tank that I was able to set up to hold him until the next time I come up with him.
For now, Earl lives on my night table.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw two healthy young “P. mccosker” and bought them for 24.00 each. These are obvious Carpenters to me. Hope one is still a female. This is promising since the dorsal have not elongated and she still have white spots on top of her eyes and mouth.
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2579.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back