IM Nuvo 75 EXT Lighting Help/Suggestions

Masher76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I am upgrading to a Innovative Marine Nuvo 75 EXT and could really use some guidance on what to use in the way of lights. My goal is a mixed reef, mainly LPS and Zoas, but would like to be able to keep some of the less demanding SPS. The previous owner had 4 EcoTech Gen 4 XR15’s on it as it was an SPS focused tank prior to it crashing and him selling it to me. I know 4 XR15’s is overkill for my goals, but am considering 2 or 3 of the new Gen 5 XR15’s. The tanks dimensions are 35.4“ L x 23.6” W x 19.7” H.

I am not set on using the Gen 5 XR15’s and would actually prefer to use Gen 4 XR15’s due to them having built in support for my Apex system as I already have a WXM module. I would also be open to using other brands of lights if they will meet my goals. As always, and help or advise would be appreciate. And if you happen to have 2 or 3 Gen 4 XR15’s that you are looking to part with, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i was still planning on doing my 75G, i was going for 2x AI hydra 26/32s, with a third being an add-on later when SPS get involved.

Tomlagoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I am upgrading to a Innovative Marine Nuvo 75 EXT and could really use some guidance on what to use in the way of lights. My goal is a mixed reef, mainly LPS and Zoas, but would like to be able to keep some of the less demanding SPS. The previous owner had 4 EcoTech Gen 4 XR15’s on it as it was an SPS focused tank prior to it crashing and him selling it to me. I know 4 XR15’s is overkill for my goals, but am considering 2 or 3 of the new Gen 5 XR15’s. The tanks dimensions are 35.4“ L x 23.6” W x 19.7” H.

I am not set on using the Gen 5 XR15’s and would actually prefer to use Gen 4 XR15’s due to them having built in support for my Apex system as I already have a WXM module. I would also be open to using other brands of lights if they will meet my goals. As always, and help or advise would be appreciate. And if you happen to have 2 or 3 Gen 4 XR15’s that you are looking to part with, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.
Congrats on 75 EXT . I ‘m running same tank -still no lights yet for cycle . I can’t decide between XR 15 blues or pros . Leaning blue since tank gets a lot of sun. Love the tank .
B0CFD966-0C30-47B5-9009-57B0C725548C.jpeg

OP
OP
Masher76

Masher76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on 75 EXT . I ‘m running same tank -still no lights yet for cycle . I can’t decide between XR 15 blues or pros . Leaning blue since tank gets a lot of sun. Love the tank .
B0CFD966-0C30-47B5-9009-57B0C725548C.jpeg
Thank you! I am just about ready to make the swap to the 75 EXT. I wound up going with 3 XR15 Gen 4 as I got a great deal on them locally. I took advantage of the upgrade craze and got all three lights from one gentleman and they are only 6 months old. Decided there was not enough benefit from paying twice as much for the G5’s.

EDIT- Welcome to R2R! Lots of really good people and information on here.

NinjaTiLL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same Nuvo 75Ext and I am about 2 weeks into a fishless cycle. I'm waiting for Nitrates to drop. When I was procuring all the supplies for the tank, I was trolling ebay alot. I ended up pickup up a pair of used Kessil A360WE with rigid mounting arms and a spectral controller for about $620. The Kessils look pretty good and fit the tank well. I don't need the spectral controller as it is hooked up to my Apex (also a used ebay special). I haven't used them much but they do look good when they are on. They should have enough PAR for any type of coral I want. I'll do some PAR testing before that time though. I was also considering the Ecotech G5 X15 Pro's... but the Kessils were the right price.

WIN_20200710_22_10_47_Pro.jpg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those look nice.
Might want to check out the ai prime or hydra, while you're at it. They're getting good reviews. I have an ai prime16 hd I'm happy with.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back