IM NUVO EXT Lagoon 25 Clone

reef_flapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers.

Well I have been out of the Hobby for about 3-4 years, and one day I came across Innovative Marine’s promotional video for the EXT line. So like many other Innovative Marine fans like myself, I was very impressed by their new EXT and INT product lines.

Fast forward a month or so later, I caught the bug. You know the “Reefing Bug”, that was all it took for me to start negotiations with the wife. So with that being said I was on Marine Depot with the EXT 25 in my cart, yet I could not pull the trigger on a purchase like that for a 25g tank. So as I was sitting there debating with myself, my wife pulled the trigger for me. Little did she know just how expensive this little 25g was going to cost. I kept that part to myself.

So this is where I’m sitting right now. I hope y’all enjoy this journey with me as I venture back to this hobby that I love so much.

Tank: NUVO EXT Lagoon 25

Stand: IM Marine APS Cabinet Lagoon 25/Fusion 40 (Matte Black)

Sump: Windrider Creations Leviathan Small Cube Reef Sump LR15IM

Skimmer: AquaMaxx FC-80 In Sump Protien Skimmer

This will be a work in progress, so please be patient with me.

I would also like to thank Innovative Marines Operations Manager Paul Chung, for his willingness to help me out in this endeavor. Every time I had questions, Paul made time to personally respond. Thanks Paul!

6D4FADBB-4711-4001-81AE-4511509F2907.jpeg

F94CEAC5-264B-43BD-BB36-1302EB8C1B81.jpeg

414C95A8-EA16-4FFC-AE0F-ABAA9AE0AD56.jpeg

6BE25FF8-7447-4621-93E9-DF0C4FE9F6DD.jpeg

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! Im setting up a reefer nano myself and just ordered the same skimmer last night for 20% off plus another $10 off from rewards points! It looks like a solid choice for nano tanks! What are your thoughts on it so far?

OP
OP
reef_flapper

reef_flapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, right out of the box, it looks like it’s built rock solid. I have not done anything with it yet, but as soon as I do, this place will be the 1st to know. But like I said build quality is outstanding. It was a little bigger than I as thinking, however as you can see in the pictures it will be just fine.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, right out of the box, it looks like it’s built rock solid. I have not done anything with it yet, but as soon as I do, this place will be the 1st to know. But like I said build quality is outstanding. It was a little bigger than I as thinking, however as you can see in the pictures it will be just fine.
Good deal keep us posted on this build

OP
OP
reef_flapper

reef_flapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is nice, wut I will have some re-work at some point on the line with the spears gate valve. I rushed it a little today. Trying to convince the wife to let me buy an XR-15 Pro G4 at the moment.

OP
OP
reef_flapper

reef_flapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay folks, I apologize about not posting sooner, but I wanted to wait until I had a few additions for the tank. It takes me some time, but please be patient, lol. Having 5 kids sometimes means that I cannot complete a build super quick, but I am not that far off.

So the recent additions to the tank include, 20lbs of Caribsea Life Rock Shapes, and an Ecotech Vectra S1 that I just got in the mail today from Amazon.

Amazingly I think I got it for a few dollars under MAP price, I purchased it for $285, not the newer price of $299.99.

Another quick not to add, is that I will be plumbing this Clone and filling her up when my BRS order comes in on Tuesday.

Also the Kessil A80 Tuna Blue is just a temporary light until I can buy the Radion XR15w G4 Pro in a couple of weeks.

Please feel free to leave feedback on anything you see, especially my Aquascape.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reef_flapper

reef_flapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the Vectra S1 because a Innovative Marine representative e-mailed me back and informed me that the Vectra S1 is what they used.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back