IM Nuvo Fusion 10 - rebooting after 7 years of hiatus

thewire

View Badges
Reaction score
I have decided to come back to the hobby after 7 years of hiatus. I took a break from it because of job relocation and renting. I have finally bought a house in 2018 and settling in. I started the tank around November/December 2020 time frame. It went thru the whole cycling process and I have to break it down again because of ich!
Equipment:
AI Prime HD 16
Aquamaxx Bullet-1 Skimmer
Reefbreeder Prism ATO
Inkbird cooling and heating controller

IMG-2764.jpg

I have decided to bleach all the rocks and replaced all the substrate and start over. However, I have decided to start over with MicroBacter Quickcycle and MicroBacter Start XLM. Here is a picture of the beginning of the money pit journey
IMG-2244.jpg

Fast forward 2 months later:
Added 5 Astraea snails and 2 hermit crabs. I guess looking back why I have any hardly algae issue and some easy corals which are given free by my local WAMAS members - GSP, Monti, birdnest, leather and a zoa lol. During this time, I am randomly ghost feeding and still dosing sporadically the Microbacter Clean.

IMG-2650.jpg

Skimmate
IMG-2767.jpg

Fast forward another month (beginning of Feb)
I have added 2 clown fish. Got it from a local guy that is leaving the hobby. Also I have added Hammer, frogspawn and duncan.
IMG-2770.jpg

IMG-2967.JPG

Sometimes in March 2021
I noticed the tank is getting a bit maturing and i have seen pods on the glasses and been picked off from the clown fish. Stuffs are growing as well. I have been doing water change every 4/5 days (1-3g depending what i have on hand).
I found a great deal on a hammer or frogspawn lol...not even sure what. It's like $3.xx per head.
IMG-3065.jpg

FTS 3/29/21
IMG-3062.JPG

From

Top Shelf Aquatics

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
I am tempted to restart my nuvo 10 and go acro specific. It’s amazing what that Prime 16 can do in that tank. I miss how easy it was to maintain versus my current 65 gallon, but then I remember how the coral just took off and I ran out of space QUICKLY. I hope you enjoy yours for years to come.

OP
thewire

thewire

View Badges
Reaction score
I am tempted to restart my nuvo 10 and go acro specific. It’s amazing what that Prime 16 can do in that tank. I miss how easy it was to maintain versus my current 65 gallon, but then I remember how the coral just took off and I ran out of space QUICKLY. I hope you enjoy yours for years to come.
Thanks. I think going in to nano is the expectation of no space for a lot of corals. I think I’m content with it. Hence lower price LOL. Have a few corals should be enough. I want to make it to a hammer/frogspawn/torch farm!

also I don’t fed my clown a lot of food either.

Avast
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
thewire

thewire

View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome setup! I’ve been enjoying my Ai prime too.
Thanks. Yea I bought mine new. So far after almost 6 months, I have yet see any hair algae! I used the Mictobacter clean for a short period. Once established I have yet dose anything other than weekly water change. I have carbon and filter pad for mechanical filtration. I have a skimmer running though.
B003FEF3-654A-41E6-BA9E-FB02B11A8BF0.jpeg

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 95 40.8%
  • NO

Votes: 122 52.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 16 6.9%
Geo's Reef