IM Nuvo Fusion 40

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waddup R2R! This is my first build thread as I just haven’t felt the need to make one on my 2 year old 8 gallon that I don’t have many pictures of. Maybe I’ll make one later. List of setup.

-IM Nuvo fusion 40 gallon

-Kessil a360x tuna blue (trying to sell for AI hydra 32)

sump:
Intank surface skimmers, intank fuge rack, intank filter floss holder, ceramic bio sticks, filter floss.

stand:
Kasa Wi-Fi power strip (a must)
XP aqua dualetto ATO
Jambgoo heater on Amazon
Mighty jet return pump
AI Nero 3 wakemaker

Display:
Custom aqua scape
Carib sea live pink sand

0A177C28-C66B-4E1A-9B8B-97941A312C0B.jpeg

OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cycle post:

added bacteria by dumping a bottle of dr Tim’s one and only live bacteria, moved bio media from another established tank.

After 2 days of letting that run, I caught my mated pair of clownfish from my other tank and threw them in the tank to start the nitrogen cycle process.

Lights are not being ran right now as I am trying to avoid the ugly stage with this rock scape.

also planning in bringing rock from my other tank over, but it is covered in coral so I feel I need to let the tank mature more before I throw it into the new tank.

anybody have a suggestion on how long I should wait before my big live rock that’s covered in expensive Zoas should be thrown into my new tank? Here is a photo of my 8 gallon

Attachments

• A7CABD4F-DE95-4FF8-899B-433E188447D8.jpeg
    A7CABD4F-DE95-4FF8-899B-433E188447D8.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 105

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the better question is how long you should wait before you turn the lights on. You could probably throw the zoas in there after a week if you were running lights.. if they didn't like params they'd just close up and then maybe you'd have to move them back. I started my 40g over 2.5 years ago with dry rock, live sand, and Dr Tims just like you. But I only ran one t5 way above the water just for my clowns- for maybe 6 months, no corals. Eventuality I seeded coraline in my tank and got leds and I honestly never had an ugly stage. I think the key is getting good green coraline growth on the rocks before you crank the lights up for the corals

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Waddup R2R! This is my first build thread as I just haven’t felt the need to make one on my 2 year old 8 gallon that I don’t have many pictures of. Maybe I’ll make one later. List of setup.

-IM Nuvo fusion 40 gallon

-Kessil a360x tuna blue (trying to sell for AI hydra 32)

sump:
Intank surface skimmers, intank fuge rack, intank filter floss holder, ceramic bio sticks, filter floss.

stand:
Kasa Wi-Fi power strip (a must)
XP aqua dualetto ATO
Jambgoo heater on Amazon
Mighty jet return pump
AI Nero 3 wakemaker

Display:
Custom aqua scape
Carib sea live pink sand

0A177C28-C66B-4E1A-9B8B-97941A312C0B.jpeg
Looks great! I just ordered the same tank. So psyched!

OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current view of the 40. I slowly moved over coral, live rock and fish from other tank and they have been super happy! Definitely lots of algae growth from it being a new system but with extremely tedious husbandry. I can still manage to keep it looking pretty. I also have a toxic theory that if I stock the hell out of the tank with coral, it won’t allow algae to take over. Lots of pods, phyto and live brine have been added to the system to help establish it.

Attachments

• 140D6F68-8E07-4A9A-B8ED-FC37E3E24BB8.jpeg
    140D6F68-8E07-4A9A-B8ED-FC37E3E24BB8.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been loving this hydra 32 with the diffuser. Also can’t forget that I got a par meter so I was able to dial in the par I wanted in the last attached picture.

Attachments

• 3EF7A956-80C8-4B51-910D-FAABF4D456DD.jpeg
    3EF7A956-80C8-4B51-910D-FAABF4D456DD.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 99
  • C8955BC0-BE9A-4B6B-8124-5EA4F109B2A9.jpeg
    C8955BC0-BE9A-4B6B-8124-5EA4F109B2A9.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 2D8DB1D6-521D-4BA7-8D9E-1272704B5BC3.jpeg
    2D8DB1D6-521D-4BA7-8D9E-1272704B5BC3.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on what I have bought for the tank equipment wise.
-random flow generator nozzle (looks good, works great) only downside is that it makes me want to upgrade the return pump
-another Kasa power strip. I cannot stress that these are a must for any reef keepers.
- innovative marine aqua shield UV sterilizer (setting up soon, will show pics of my back chambers soon)
-intank sump cover (the black box, makes the tank look way more finished)

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Current view of the 40. I slowly moved over coral, live rock and fish from other tank and they have been super happy! Definitely lots of algae growth from it being a new system but with extremely tedious husbandry. I can still manage to keep it looking pretty. I also have a toxic theory that if I stock the hell out of the tank with coral, it won’t allow algae to take over. Lots of pods, phyto and live brine have been added to the system to help establish it.
Yeah I bet the pods will help out a ton! Looks great

OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Tank is growing corals! Growing algae too lol. My levels are exactly where I want them, but my rock may just be going through a little bit of the ugly stage. Wherever there isn’t coralline algae, I got this green turf algae that is impossible to pull off during my waterchanges. Bought two pincushion urchins last week but haven’t seen much of a difference yet.

OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s interesting is my nitrates are always between 2-5ppm, and phosphates are always very low, sometimes read 0. And I still get algae growth. I’m not going to put any chemical in this tank as I have too much money in livestock haha. Just feel that a better CUC will help me through this weird phase. I also think I am over exaggerating because the algae nuisance isn’t that bad.

randomnerd865

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Tank is growing corals! Growing algae too lol. My levels are exactly where I want them, but my rock may just be going through a little bit of the ugly stage. Wherever there isn’t coralline algae, I got this green turf algae that is impossible to pull off during my waterchanges. Bought two pincushion urchins last week but haven’t seen much of a difference yet.
Looking great! Just got my nuvo 40 set up. Can I get your thoughts in the InTank sump cover. There is a note on their site: "NOTE: Slight modification need to fit on the Fusion Pro 2 models. The glass is 1/6" thicker and side wings may not fit as intended into chamber." I really want to get that area covered, but for $45 it should fit right.

OP
OP
claybers

claybers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! Just got my nuvo 40 set up. Can I get your thoughts in the InTank sump cover. There is a note on their site: "NOTE: Slight modification need to fit on the Fusion Pro 2 models. The glass is 1/6" thicker and side wings may not fit as intended into chamber." I really want to get that area covered, but for $45 it should fit right.
I have it on my Nuvo 10 as well and I love it. I’d say get it! If it doesn’t fit right, then return it

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back