IM NUVO INT 112 Questions

Dr.Tankenstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm planning my next tank upgrade and I really like the IM Nuvo line and have (semi?) decided on the INT112, which should be a nice upgrade from my 40 breeder. I did have a couple of questions for the community though.

1. Does anybody have this tank? Are you happy with the construction/shape? I've looked over the forums and have only seen a few of these tanks.

2. Lighting. How the heck do you light something with these dimensions, specifically for a mixed reef. My initial thought was a 4 bulb T5 retrofit along with 2 Hydra 32s but im open to opinions.

Thanks guys!

Madhav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant speak for 112 but I just got a NUVO INT 75. Looks really sharp. Only con is that the overflow compartment is big.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have the 112, but I do have a IM tank and am very happy with it. Mine is only 30 gallon, 36 inches long I use 2 AI prime over a LPS, softie and a few SPS.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the IM ext 50 lagoon. I love it. The stand it awesome, tank is awesome, the whole set up is very nice. In a few years ill be upgrading to a larger IM tank for sure!

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a IM112 and build quality was awesome. No issues with the stand or tank. Lighting wasn't a big deal, I ran 2 Giesemann Vervve lights with 3 Orphek 36" light bars. Do not buy Vervve's they suck get something else like Ecotech and add a few light bars in between like I did. Here are a few pictures I could find although they only show 2 light bars I ended up with one in the middle also.

For the sump I had to go with a custom Lifereef because I want decent size sump and a decent size fuge none of which can be found in a 30" cubed size (that's about all the room you have because the stand takes up some of the footprint). I still have the sump and I'm running it on my current setup although I'm about to upgrade because it is too small for my new larger tank.

I didn't have the tank long because I moved and ended up doing a in wall tank at my new house. That dang tank it heavy as crap too it sucked moving it plus you have to stand it up because it doesn't fit through doors unless you have French doors.

IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0378.JPG IMG_1717.JPG IMG_1765.JPG IMG_1766.JPG IMG_1770.JPG IMG_0440.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0490.JPG IMG_0491.JPG

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a cube tank, you do not have to have a cube stand, but at least build it so it supports the weight, an oversize sump will give you a bunch of extra room, you will thank me later. IM makes great tanks, I have the IM Lagoon 25 ext with the APS stand.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back