I'm Ready to Break Down My Tank!!!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im down for it soon within a few days for sure ill text and holler by. we'll maintain cosmetics too, precision it wont look like Jason attacked your rocks

:) i bet we beat out those anems. the verms, w have to see what TW was using. Those are nearly guaranteed hitchhikers as we trade frags...imports w bring them in but his thread showed nice command over them. w holler in few days weekend is busy but after work nxt week not bad at all

I wish we had one of those huge oversized water guns we could use as a pressure washer. works amazing.

Last edited:

Ben Seaver

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it! I'm done!!!!!! I can't keep fighting this losing battle anymore... My buddy @Lram853 and @brandon429 saw an aiptasia in my tank one day about 8 months ago. we got it injected with some kalk paste, and it was gone. Then, a few months later I spotted a few more... hmmmm........... guess I'll kill them the same way. Now, I've probably killed over 500 of those jerks and they just keep coming back. I know I know, peppermint shrimp, CPB, matted filefish, boil;ing water, lemon juice, super glue, yah dee yah.

Now let's talk about the vermatid snail problem. UGH! I thought a few were cool at first, but not anymore. When I turkey baster my rocks, it looks like they are COVERED in slime. I've been manually removing them, but am not satisfied with how the rocks look with some of their reminants remaining.

Speaking of rocks, I like the look of my scape, but it is not practical for maintenance. I created too many overhangs in a tight space that I can't get to with my siphon.

Vibrant has helped rid my tank of bubble and hair algae. It bottomed out my nitrates, so I started dosing spectracide. Now I have red and green cyano on the back glass and the nitrates exploded back up to 50!!!

I say it's time for a tank reset, what do you guys think?
Just a thought but I had the beginnings of an aptasia outbreak I tried a few different methods and they kept popping up everywhere. I got a copperband butterfly and within a month or so I cannot find any. My only suggestion is to ask your Lfs to feed him first just to make sure he will eat frozen foods once he runs out of aptasia. I'm learning more and more with this hobby the less chemicals and more natural ways of managing your tank the better off you'll be IMHO.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back