IM Sump and Replacement

Frigideus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
125
Reaction score
54
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought the EXT 100 and as I pulled everything out of the crates, I realized this sump is huge.

Would it be worth replacing? If so, what size sump would be sufficient? I was looking at buying something from Bashsea, maybe this one? Or perhaps one size up from this one.
https://premiumaquatics.com/product...Ym9-oJ3tIaApHaEALw_wcB&variant=47329489453298
For anyone who kept the sump that came with their IM aquariums, how do you make it work/find the space for everything?
 
I never replaced the sump that came with my waterbox reef 180.5, but i did modify it so i could put a reefmat in it from Red Sea. I kept it in the cabinet under the tank, but I am not familiar with your tank so I cant give any recommendations sadly.
 
I'm not sure if they would do this but have you thought about asking IM if they would exchange the sump for a smaller one . I have an EXT75 that came with a shelf for the stand and I used that for my power bar and all the power blocks .
 
I'm not sure if they would do this but have you thought about asking IM if they would exchange the sump for a smaller one . I have an EXT75 that came with a shelf for the stand and I used that for my power bar and all the power blocks .
Do you have any photos? Is exchanging sumps something they do? I don't know how feasible it'd be given how oversized the item is to ship. Mostly concerned about space for an ATO and media reactors
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new