IM15 + AI Prime owners, need light settings

Mr. GoodStuff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2019
Messages
244
Reaction score
49
Location
60455
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have an AI prime 16 over a 15x15x15 tank? Looking for light settings for mainly LPS tank. I watched the BRS lighting video but they did the test on a 12” and 18” tank, so I went off that and kinda set settings in between both.

Just wondering if anyone has this exact setup though and took par measurements and can share.

Thank you
 
I've got a regular rectangle 15 gallon tank with AI Prime, mostly softie's and a few lps, the light is set at 80% for 12 hours per day.
 
I used a preset from the AI website. It's worked well for me thus far.
 
I have same dimension tank with 2 ai primes . I put uv, violet, royal and blue to 80 percent and white at 15 percent
 
I've got a regular rectangle 15 gallon tank with AI Prime, mostly softie's and a few lps, the light is set at 80% for 12 hours per day.
How high is the light mounted?

I have same dimension tank with 2 ai primes . I put uv, violet, royal and blue to 80 percent and white at 15 percent
How high is light mounted? And is this for LPS or SPS?
 
I use the 12 inch mounts, i keep high light anemones
 
Mount at 9" and run,
First 4 100%
The rest 50%
This will grow anything you want in your system.
I have ran a 18" cube with 2.
A 30g with 2.
And a 36×24×12 frag tank with 3.
I currently run a 15" cube with a radion xr15 blue.
Old 18" cube.
Frag.
30g.
20220926_094455.jpg
20220920_084537.jpg

20230709_093302.jpg
 
IMG_5286.jpeg

My bedroom IM Nuvo 15 cube with an AI Prime 16 HD. It was growing SPS fine on the empty ledge (until the anemone tried killing 2 different ones there) and there’s a sunset monti at the bottom. I could grow anything in here if it weren’t for the sexy shrimp being jerks to certain coral. No clue if this is “right” but these setting have worked for me for almost 2 years now.
IMG_5295.png
 
IMG_5286.jpeg

My bedroom IM Nuvo 15 cube with an AI Prime 16 HD. It was growing SPS fine on the empty ledge (until the anemone tried killing 2 different ones there) and there’s a sunset monti at the bottom. I could grow anything in here if it weren’t for the sexy shrimp being jerks to certain coral. No clue if this is “right” but these setting have worked for me for almost 2 years now.
IMG_5295.png

Awesome I have similar mushrooms towards the bottom so just what I needed, thank you!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new