IM30L stocking help

paparoof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM30L.PNG

Hey y'all. The IM30L above has been cycling for a couple months without lights, just snagged a pair of (on sale) AI Primes, so I think I'm ready for fish. Just need some help thinking this through. There's actually 22.5 gallons of water in there, and it's bare bottom. Corals will be softies and LPS.

I currently have a yellow-tail blue damsel in an IM Nuvo 10 and I plan to move him into the 30, but he's kind of a jerk so he's gonna go in last. Not really interested in clowns. The two other species I've zeroed in on are a midas blenny and a flame hawkfish. Haven't found anything else to get excited about, and three fish is prolly plenty yeah? Assuming the proper order would be the blenny would go in first, then the hawkfish, then the damsel once it seems the first two are settled in and comfy.

Questions:
Any reason not to add the blenny and hawkfish at the same time?
See any compatibility issues here? Can I expect peace and tranquility?
Am I missing any issues with being bare bottomed? These fish won't mind will they?

Any other fish would you consider for this scenario? Where would you place your fish in the order of adding to the tank?

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add a sixline wrasse, they can be semi-agressive but with your proposed stock I think it woul work quite nicely.

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Ya those three fish would probably be all. The only reason why you dont want to add then at the same time would be so the bacteria can adjust to the new bioload slowly. Barebottom will be fine. I'm sure all will be peaceful.

Good luck and happy Reefing

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine...I keep a Midas with two clowns ..a starkii Damsel...and a royal Gramma and the Midas is easily the meanest fish in the tank!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back