Important announcement regarding the new Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VCVet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging. Gota check mine. Mine is constantly disconnecting from my Internet and I literally unplug it at least once a day to reset it. I'm not happy about it and have been requesting someone contact me to fix it but all of get is email instructions on how to fix it myself and if I could I would of already done it.
Got my replacement Apex cross shipped yesterday. Fusion reported that it disconnected from the Internet 32 times last night. That's with the new firmware. I either have to reset it or disconnect the Aquabus cable

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my replacement Apex cross shipped yesterday. Fusion reported that it disconnected from the Internet 32 times last night. That's with the new firmware. I either have to reset it or disconnect the Aquabus cable
So this is with a new one that has been already replaced by Neptune ?

FDAWG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When it disconnects, does it automatically reconnect back to the internet? And on average how long would you say it stays disconnected from the net?

Shotscane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frustrating part with my past experiences with Neptune is the turnaround time for customer service calls. When a person has a system failure you shouldn't have to leave a voicemail or send an email to get help. For the amount of revenue they take in they should be able to hire some college kids to answer the dang phone.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frustrating part with my past experiences with Neptune is the turnaround time for customer service calls. When a person has a system failure you shouldn't have to leave a voicemail or send an email to get help. For the amount of revenue they take in they should be able to hire some college kids to answer the dang phone.

And just how much revenue do you suppose they're making to afford exclusive 24/7 tech support? I've received email support from Neptune in a matter of hours to a day. I don't think that's an unreasonable time. If you have a catastrophic emergency and you can't reach them during business hours, there is always this forum, there is the Neptune forum, and there is always the manual you can read. That's what we old timers used to do, we read the manual and figured things out.

hardzip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say bricked does that mean the apex will lose all programing from controlling and components? Because mine has the F update and now I can't get online anymore wireless or wired.
But I can still connect localy. The apex is still controlling my components. So would I assume my apex is good. Because I can't connect to fusion wired or wireless and I can't seem to get anyone to contact me back after 4 days of a ongoing ticket.

hardzip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say bricked does that mean the apex will lose all programing from controlling and components? Because mine has the F update and now I can't get online anymore wireless or wired.
But I can still connect localy. The apex is still controlling my components. So would I assume my apex is good. Because I can't connect to fusion wired or wireless and I can't seem to get anyone to contact me back after 4 days of a ongoing ticket.
Ticket # 62117

Elegance Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence, or anyone that knows;

Does this effect the newer old model units, or just the brand new models?

I am a manager at a LFS, and I've owned an apex for years. never had a problem. Because of this, I have been a big fan, and encouraged several of my customers to buy an apex. They all have the old model, but newer units. At least three of these customers have the same problem. If the power goes out, which it does often here in Florida, the apex loses connection with the internet. If they unplug the unit, and plug it back in, it reestablishes connection. That seems strange to me, but it works. My old unit doesn't have this problem. Naturally, my customers are looking to me for a fix.

Should I try the AOS update described in the first post of this thread, or is there another fix for the problem?

Thanks for any help
Peace
EC

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an issue with the way this is being addressed. I have never had an issue with Neptune support. I had a buggy sensor module and they sent me alpha code to help verify a fix for it and the alpha code was 100% stable. If you have a problem with first-run embedded hardware faults like this then wait 3-6 months before you buy. If you didn't keep your original controller, or made a plan for a swap-out due to issues, then perhaps you should NOT be running a complicated controller setup to begin with?? While I question the QA I also understand that the price point and QA costs have a balance. There are plenty of other manufacturers to go to if you don't like how this is going.

Shotscane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just how much revenue do you suppose they're making to afford exclusive 24/7 tech support? I've received email support from Neptune in a matter of hours to a day. I don't think that's an unreasonable time. If you have a catastrophic emergency and you can't reach them during business hours, there is always this forum, there is the Neptune forum, and there is always the manual you can read. That's what we old timers used to do, we read the manual and figured things out.

I don't recall stating that they needed 24/7 support. Perhaps you "old timers" should read a little more carefully. In my situation I did read the forums and Neptune support and found no remedy. I called, didn't get a call back until the next day. In the meantime I had to purchase heaters and borrow lights since 90% of my equipment is ran by my Apex. The unit had to be ultimately replaced since they no longer do repairs on the Apex lite. My point is that like other similarly sized companies, they need a couple extra folks DURING NORMAL business hours to sort through the simple problems like hey I can't get my auto feeder to work and put those on a separate ticket from those that call and say hey nothing in my tank works and my fish are swimming funny. They have a great product, but in my opinion truly lack in customer support.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, I got an email from "Jon Mosbacher" at Neptune support for my apex lite issue at 12:00AM; There was 1 before that at 11:00PM; It took him the whole 60 minutes to get back to me (this is after hour for them I think). Should I be mad? I don't know about you but I was so impressed with that kind of service. And there was 1 time before with a "Paul"; Paul also was very impressive. I have had 3 or 4 tickets with them so far; after every support ticket, they always send me a survey of how they did. I was never able to give them anything less than an A+. They might not have a lot of tech support personnel but each of them appears to be very knowledgeable. You don't really need a lot of customer support if you have a "great product"; remember the MayTag commercial?

@terrence please give/propose Jon a raise :)

I don't recall stating that they needed 24/7 support. Perhaps you "old timers" should read a little more carefully. In my situation I did read the forums and Neptune support and found no remedy. I called, didn't get a call back until the next day. In the meantime I had to purchase heaters and borrow lights since 90% of my equipment is ran by my Apex. The unit had to be ultimately replaced since they no longer do repairs on the Apex lite. My point is that like other similarly sized companies, they need a couple extra folks DURING NORMAL business hours to sort through the simple problems like hey I can't get my auto feeder to work and put those on a separate ticket from those that call and say hey nothing in my tank works and my fish are swimming funny. They have a great product, but in my opinion truly lack in customer support.

Shotscane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, I got an email from "Jon Mosbacher" at Neptune support for my apex lite issue at 12:00AM; There was 1 before that at 11:00PM; It took him the whole 60 minutes to get back to me (this is after hour for them I think). Should I be mad? I don't know about you but I was so impressed with that kind of service. And there was 1 time before with a "Paul"; Paul also was very impressive. I have had 3 or 4 tickets with them so far; after every support ticket, they always send me a survey of how they did. I was never able to give them anything less than an A+. They might not have a lot of tech support personnel but each of them appears to be very knowledgeable. You don't really need a lot of customer support if you have a "great product"; remember the MayTag commercial?

@terrence please give/propose Jon a raise :)

I'm glad that you received such prompt service but obviously myself and others are not, or were not as fortunate as yourself. Just google poor Apex customer service and you can see for yourself that I am not alone. If people are not able to give constructive criticism how are companies, and people for that matter suppose to grow? I do not doubt for a moment that they do not have a great product, I never stated otherwise. But regardless of how great your product is there will be problems, and when I drop over 1k for for a monitor for my fish tank, I expect more than a check the forums first and send an email and if that doesn't work give us a call kind of mentality. I don't expect that their profit margins are so low that they can't dedicate a few extra people to answer the phone.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, Is it OK if I quote this post in the Cerebra thread for those that claim I am a Cerebra shill?
Do I hear.....
f5cc011a9908f3340e2ab5d22779dbb1.jpg

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that Neptune' customer service is bad. Waiting for the ticket response when my apex having problems, and knowing that nothing protect my tank is suck!
My next controller will not be a Neptune products for sure.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "google" neptune apex poor customer support I got a bunch of complaints coming back. To be fair, I also "google" "apple poor customer support" and my goodness, the result is almost like the first search if not worse because they have a lot more customers. I realized that no matter how good of a company is, there will be un-happy customers. And even in the same company, you have good and bad employees and even good employees have bad days and bad employees have good days. I am sure you are not the only one that got bad experience with Neptune, but I think the majority get good or OK services from them and that is what got them where they are today besides the good and reliable products they are selling.

I'm glad that you received such prompt service but obviously myself and others are not, or were not as fortunate as yourself. Just google poor Apex customer service and you can see for yourself that I am not alone. If people are not able to give constructive criticism how are companies, and people for that matter suppose to grow? I do not doubt for a moment that they do not have a great product, I never stated otherwise. But regardless of how great your product is there will be problems, and when I drop over 1k for for a monitor for my fish tank, I expect more than a check the forums first and send an email and if that doesn't work give us a call kind of mentality. I don't expect that their profit margins are so low that they can't dedicate a few extra people to answer the phone.

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I had a defective TV Samsung sent a technician to my house at their expense who ordered the parts overnight at their expense and came back to install them at their expense.

My top of the line Samsung TV had problems after 53 weeks if ownership. I was told it was a bad LCD display and quoted $1k+ and told they would not be covering it.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you made my day! I'm glad you call it like you see it. To be honest I do not have a 2016 Apex. I do however hope to get one. I have an Apex gold that I got over a year and a half ago for my new build and it sits in the box unopened. I also have a Vertex Cerebra which will be used on a different tank. Fact is, I have never ever used an Apex!

BTW, Is it OK if I quote this post in the Cerebra thread for those that claim I am a Cerebra shill?

LOL yes feel free. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the rest because appearances can be deceiving.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back