Important announcement regarding the new Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

akc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please cite an example of a recall that was implemented in that way?

https://www.apple.com/support/exchange_repair/

I don't know if it's a bit fair providing examples from one of the top companies that shines in customer service but.... you asked.

Point being, it's a poor method to identify faulty devices and a poor exchange procedure. People are upset cause they paid for cheap...fraudulent parts? the chance to participate in what is essentially a beta (3 firmware updates in the first few weeks), and in my case, having to take days off from work to try and fix the problem with support.

Yakland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't know if it's a bit fair providing examples from one of the top companies that shines in customer service but.... you asked.

Point being, it's a poor method to identify faulty devices and a poor exchange procedure. People are upset cause they paid for cheap...fraudulent parts? the chance to participate in what is essentially a beta (3 firmware updates in the first few weeks), and in my case, having to take days off from work to try and fix the problem with support.
Sounds fair to compare it to apple when someone would compare it to Denali.....haha

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Per apple, you still needed to return the product for exchange. They did not send the replacement out, then hope you return the faulty product. Or did I miss something?

edit: Unless you are talking the cable. Because any of the major product issues, the product had to be relinquished first.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per apple, you still needed to return the product for exchange. They did not send the replacement out, then hope you return the faulty product. Or did I miss something?
Dude seriously you need to add a tag line that says "paid neptune advocate" or "be wary of advise from someone on the Neptune payroll". As president of a large CA club, involvement in reefapalooza and the person that hosted the web cast for the new Apex release just how objective are you? Just how much free product, compensation or other consideration have you received from Neptune? Easy to hawk/endorse a product/company when you get it for free and if you have an issue just pick up the phone and call Terence. Unlike everyone else that paid for the product and when an issue arises Neptune does not answer phones and you are subjected to the archaic online ticket system and an assurance they will get back to you when they get around to it.

I bit my tongue yesterday when you posted this load of BS in another thread "You can surely trust in Neptune Systems. The Apex is the hub of their business. Their engineers are the best in the business and their customer service is unparalleled. They will resolve these issues." but enough is enough already. You have discredited yourself and become little more than a schill.

You want an example of outstanding customer support in this industry? Try Kessil. I have an issue I call, they send replacement product with return shipping package simple as that. They certainly don't brick your product, leave you w/o a device for days and demand a $300 deposit up front for a replacement for a blatant manufacturing QA defect.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want an example of outstanding customer support in this industry? Try Kessil. I have an issue I call, they send replacement product with return shipping package simple as that. They certainly don't brick your product, leave you w/o a device for days and demand a $300 deposit up front for a replacement for a blatant manufacturing QA defect.

I guess you never owned an AP 700. lol Kessil's product development on this fixture is pretty bad. While they are helpful and friendly, all I ever get when I report bugs or problems is "we're working on it," or "a fix is coming on the next app update."

I don't think it's unreasonable to put down a deposit for a replacement unit to be overnighted. It's a slight inconvenience. And unlike some other controller manufacturers, Neptune has been open and upfront with the community in correcting this problem. And thanks to the open Neptune forum, I was able to make an informed decision and wait until the product became more stable before purchasing it. So kudos to Neptune for stepping up and offering a quick resolution.

These are the guys that fixed my controller brain for a fraction of the cost after I dropped it into salt water instead of charging me $300 for a new board.

And yeah, I like my Apex. It's a solid product I've been running for years without issues. Call me a fanboy if you want. =]

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude seriously you need to add a tag line that says "paid neptune advocate" or "be wary of advise from someone on the Neptune payroll". As president of a large CA club, involvement in reefapalooza and the person that hosted the web cast for the new Apex release just how objective are you? Just how much free product, compensation or other consideration have you received from Neptune? Easy to hawk/endorse a product/company when you get it for free and if you have an issue just pick up the phone and call Terence. Unlike everyone else that paid for the product and when an issue arises Neptune does not answer phones and you are subjected to the archaic online ticket system and an assurance they will get back to you when they get around to it.

I bit my tongue yesterday when you posted this load of BS in another thread "You can surely trust in Neptune Systems. The Apex is the hub of their business. Their engineers are the best in the business and their customer service is unparalleled. They will resolve these issues." but enough is enough already. You have discredited yourself and become little more than a schill.

Thanks you made my day! I'm glad you call it like you see it. To be honest I do not have a 2016 Apex. I do however hope to get one. I have an Apex gold that I got over a year and a half ago for my new build and it sits in the box unopened. I also have a Vertex Cerebra which will be used on a different tank. Fact is, I have never ever used an Apex!

BTW, Is it OK if I quote this post in the Cerebra thread for those that claim I am a Cerebra shill?

ruidos99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well all I can say is that this can happen to any manufactured product. I have owned and operated the apex since the beginning, I have 3 units in a single system ( DT, equip room, frag tanks) and looooove them! Ive had SW and HW problems and I live in South America and Neptune has always solved the problems.

My system can't operate a single day without the apex and me not being there. So I understand the inconvenience of not having the apex for a few days ( I had this problem a few years ago ) but its a risk I take and now plan for... I support Neptune 100% and Iam shure they will make this right!

dannyt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth - this is the exact reason I'll purchase an ecoTech product over apex any day of the week when both companies sell similar items like pumps and wave makers.

I own an apex gold system and radion lights and a pair of mp60. When the controller from my mp60 died on me , I was able to call ecoTech , have my call answered by a live rep within a minute and get a new unit shipped out with zero deposit, zero shipping, overnight. I received the replacement controller the next day with a return envelope for the defective one - that's customer service ! When my eb8 died on me, apex didn't answer the phones, I had to go through email, and they didn't offer advance replacement - they asked me to ship the defective unit first and only once they received and inspected would a replacement go out. - terrible!!! That's exactly why went it came time to replace my return pump - I went with ecoTech instead of apex.

I only keep my apex around because there isn't anything better right now - but that will change soon

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't understand why some of you guys have such a big problem putting in a temporary deposit to receive a product before sending a defective one. When was the last time best buy let you walk out with a replacement TV before returning the defective one? Maybe not everyone is as honorable as you. Be reasonable, folks. A company is stepping up and exchanging the defective product as quick as possible through reasonable protocols. Nobody owes you anything.

garryclarkfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sucks for those affected, I am glad I waited to upgrade while im having issues with the old one, but have had it sent off before and neptune was very thorough and super quick about getting it back in my hands. You will not ever be able to please everybody, I do warranty repairs for a manufacturers and that holds true 99% of the time, but yhey make strides to please there customers.

dannyt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I had a defective TV Samsung sent a technician to my house at their expense who ordered the parts overnight at their expense and came back to install them at their expense.

I'm pretty sure any apex owner has spent a lot more than just the cost of the apex on their tanks, usually thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars on their tanks, and can afford to leave a 300 holding their credit cards. I don't think it's really about the deposit as much as it is the customer experience. Even the fact that apex choose to brick the units that were defective via a software update instead of building in a feature within that update to identify defects without bricking the units speaks to their great customer service skillZ!

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Neptune for this announcement! I was one of the people who got a defective unit, and found it bricked after the previous firmware update. Thanks for sharing what was going on. It wasn't the experience I was expecting with my first controller, but you worked with me for several hours to diagnose and replace my system. I know as a developer, that you all were as distraught over this as many of us where with our purchase.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I had a defective TV Samsung sent a technician to my house at their expense who ordered the parts overnight at their expense and came back to install them at their expense.

I'm pretty sure any apex owner has spent a lot more than just the cost of the apex on their tanks, usually thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars on their tanks, and can afford to leave a 300 holding their credit cards. I don't think it's really about the deposit as much as it is the customer experience. Even the fact that apex choose to brick the units that were defective via a software update instead of building in a feature within that update to identify defects without bricking the units speaks to their great customer service skillZ!

Last I checked, Neptune wasn't a multinational corporation with endless resources at their disposal. I'm one of those people who has poured thousands into my Apex over the years, but I still don't feel entitled enough to have to waive a temporary monetary hold that protects a legitimate business from potential theft. It's not that big of a deal.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to add to that, I feel disabling somebody's hardware was probably not the wisest idea to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted transition. Furthermore, I'm an adult, I don't need a third party to make that decision for me. But I'll let Neptune answer why they took that route.

BNUTTHEHUT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? When my Denali had a recall for faulty brake lines, GM didn't send me a new truck. They informed me of the possibility of a bad part and instructed me to take it to service as soon as was feasible for me.
They replaced mine and gave me every single dollar I paid back. Took the money and bought an F350 couldn't have been happier. I know of a few others that they purchased the entire truck back and gave GMS pricing on a new truck. I agree they should have a blanket recall. The sold the product and made there money. They want the consumer to check and see if they sold you a counterfeit device. That company has and always will be a joke!

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh well, I do not have a New Neptune, but I personally think they are handling the problem on a very responsible way, I have a Gold Neptune and anytime I have a problem, neptune support, has help me maybe not on the moment it self, but on the 48 hours period always.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I manage 200+ iPhones for my company. When an iPhone has an issue and needs repaired they (Apple) give me a few options. Visit an Apple Store (over 2 hours away), send the defective unit in and wait for it to be repaired. Or pay the full retail price of the replacement while Apple sends me a box for the defective unit. I always pay the deposit ($700+ depending on the model) and have the new phone in my hand the next day. Make sure the old phone is in their hands within 10 days and the deposit is removed. This is for phones under warranty.

This policy isn't really anything new.

Maybe the developers for the apex could have come up with another way to find out what units are bad, maybe they couldn't. What they did find out is that if all users update their firmware they'll sniff the "bad" units out.

The bigger issue is what about those owners that aren't part of a forum, or they are part of a forum and missed a post regarding updating their unit. I would hope that they have emailed each user that has bought a new unit.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back