important questions

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ya'll

I have a few questions...

1. I took out a purple live rock from the hospital tank to give the scooter blenny some room since its only a 2.6g tank. It's perfect size just for him. The other fish are in buckets (recently dealing with velvet). The main tank is fallow. Anyway, my question is, the rock I took out of the hospital tank was taken out about 3 weeks ago, maybe a little less but closer to 3 weeks. Can I put this rock back in? I was actually going to put It in the main tank instead of the hospital tank and grab a smaller rock from the main tank to put in the hospital tank. It's been sitting inside the cabinet on a towel underneath the main tank. It was previously in the hospital tank for about 4-5 months. Can I put it back in, but in the main tank? Wasn't sure if I had to soak it for a couple weeks first or what.

2.I have a long tentacle anemone. As you know they like to move around and burry their foot into the sand.
Mine has his foot buried in the sand, but under a rock so
he's in complete shade. Should I encourage him to move or pick him up to move him into the light somewhere else? He was previously in the light for 2 months in the same spot, but about 2 days ago he moved under a rock (like a cave, but more open), in strictly shade so he isn't getting any light. Should I move him?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not move anything from a hospital tank into a display you are trying to keep fallow. It's fine to take a rock out of the display to use elsewhere.

The nem will generally move where he wants and best to let him be

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not move anything from a hospital tank into a display you are trying to keep fallow. It's fine to take a rock out of the display to use elsewhere.

The nem will generally move where he wants and best to let him be
I put in the question that the rock was taken out of the hospital tank for about 2-3 weeks. Its been sitting the cabinet. I was asking if it was okay to put it back into the water. It's not in the hospital tank; it was takin out before I put any fish in there with velvet. I needed to make space to put a scooter blenny in it so I took the rock out. Its been dried up for 2-3 weeks. I was asking if I could put it back into the water or if I needed to soak it. I understand the part of not putting it in the main tank, but I think you thought I meant to take it out of the hospital and into the main right away but that's not what I wrote. I read if a rock is sitting out of water for a certain amount of time, it was okay to use it but I wasn't sure. I wanted to double check! It's been idle in the cabinet for 2-3 weeks.

and okay about the anemone! I will leave him alone. I was just worried about him. not getting any light, but ill let him be :)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be safe I’d keep the rock in a thing of freshwater for a bit - make sure everything has really gotten killed.
Fwiw, you will want a lot of rock in a tank with a dragonet to ensure plenty of room for pods to grow.

I can’t help too much with the nem other than saying that they will do what they want - if it’s unhappy it will move.

OP
OP
fishgirljockey

fishgirljockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be safe I’d keep the rock in a thing of freshwater for a bit - make sure everything has really gotten killed.
Fwiw, you will want a lot of rock in a tank with a dragonet to ensure plenty of room for pods to grow.

I can’t help too much with the nem other than saying that they will do what they want - if it’s unhappy it will move.
Okay, I will put the rock in freshwater. The scooter is only in the hospital tank for 3 more weeks. I have been putting fresh pods everyday. However, he eats a lot of mysis, he likes the mysis more than he likes the pods. I know I know. IM LUCKY! lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back