Importing Corals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Stimulation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how realistic this is, but does anyone know of anywhere I can import corals directly from Australia, Fiji, etc? I already have a DBA and can purchase from US distributors like Underwater World, but I would like to be able to buy high quality Acans, chalice, poly's, paly's, etc. I would like to have an amazing show tank, but also be able to frag some really high end corals and be able to share them with other people who have a passion for this hobby like I do and not break their wallets. Unfortunately, high quality corals have a matching price tag and it would be gratifying to pass the low costs onto everyone else since I already have a job and don't have a store or any overhead that I would have to build into the price of frags.

OP
OP
C

Coral Stimulation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! If I come across anything really nice from this place and buy it, once I'm able to frag off of the colonies everyone will benefit. You got my word!!!!

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can figure out where Vons gets their food so you don't have to pay their mark up... then maybe you can start selling to their customers....

if you want premium corals, support a vendor so they can in turn support the wholesalers so in turn nice corals can continue to be imported....

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can figure out where Vons gets their food so you don't have to pay their mark up... then maybe you can start selling to their customers....

if you want premium corals, support a vendor so they can in turn support the wholesalers so in turn nice corals can continue to be imported....

I'm not following this one...so you're saying pay more than you have to so nice corals can continue to be imported?

So if you owned a cow, you'd still drive to the market to buy milk?

OP
OP
C

Coral Stimulation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bigian- you're totally missing my point. I'm not talking about colapsing the market...I'm talking about buying some top quality stuff and hooking up some people as the corals grow and I'm able to frag them. If you look at other posts that I put up I suggest good LFS and products

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't follow what Im saying, it's not worth trying to explain...

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly. I say if you can buy wholesale, buy wholesale! If you're willing to provide healthy, cheap frags to the community, even better.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you go about getting a bussiness license?

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
business license is cheap! and easy.. 20 bucks or so online

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you please point me on the direction one where to get one?

OP
OP
C

Coral Stimulation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
exactly! And my intent is not to open a store or compete against anyone. Everyone is registered to this site because we all share a passion for something that you can do whatever you want with. I have a respect for the natural reefs and actually contribute quite generously to Reef Relief and other organizations, so in actuality, my money goes into making sure that the source of our hobby is taken care of and I don't only take from it for personal enjoyment.

OP
OP
C

Coral Stimulation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to you local county building or call your city hall. In my area all you do is go to the county building and check the records to make sure nobody else has the business name, pay $35 and away you walk with your business license.

OP
OP
C

Coral Stimulation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can apply online for your EIN number. A lot of companies wont do business with you unless you're able to provide the certificate

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
route66 is not whole sale its transship but its pricy transship b/c its quality

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can apply online for your EIN number. A lot of companies wont do business with you unless you're able to provide the certificate
Where can you apply online, i mean so i guess i should get both right? one with the TH and one online with a EIN right?

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut out the middle man thats all, They used to be vendors bigian but they moved up in the world and made a new name in transshipping I forget there name off hand but you would know it if I could remember. My friend has a company and orders from there also if anyone is in Miami and knows DR imports they get from them as well as VIP Corals down there.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the online site to get a EIN number though or is that what you forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back