Imports fees on advanced Trident replacement orders

  • Thread starter Thread starter chocice1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chocice1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all, got notified by UPS on day of delivery about a $70 import fee owed before they deliver. Neptune has not responded when I asked why this was not noted when I inquired about options to service my unit. They kept saying shipping was covered both ways. I’m not happy, clearly, and wanted to ensure no one else outside the US was also blind sided.
 
I've ordered a few times from the U.S., I've always had customs fee's to pay on delivery. I agree its an unpleasant surprise.
 
Remove Neptune for a spell, Is not cross border shipping/customs and import fees known?
 
Can you buy locally?
 
Unpleasant surprise for sure and import fees are known. I am surprised however as I do not view this as a purchase of a good. Neptune is sending a replacement unit in place of repairing mine and sending it back. Has anyone done the send and repair instead of the advance replacement? If so, were you also subject to import fees for a product you already purchased and just sending for repair?
 
If so, were you also subject to import fees for a product you already purchased and just sending for repair?
It is kind of crappy, you shouldn't have to pay duty on the item, but I guess the import tax amount would be based on what Neptune put as the declared value on the parcel. UPS also charges a brokerage fee to clear the parcel.
 
Neptune sent some info today. Looks like non-warranty repairs or replacements are subject to imports fees by their courier (duties, taxes, brokerage fees). That aside, the unit they sent me does not work. Valves look to be sticking and runs for over an hour each time, ultimately failing at Test A or Test B.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new