"Impossible to kill" palys dying? Why?

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's your lighting. They are too high or your lights are too strong. I had the four years ago with the same species. Like Mikedawg mentioned they are extremely toxic (trust me on this ). I'd lower them in the tank ( the damaged polys). Palys don't usually heal from burn out fast. You can sell or junk them. They will bounce back eventually but that does look like light damage. I've done this one before and it sucks but they grow back.

OP
OP
Dana Jackson

Dana Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's your lighting. They are too high or your lights are too strong. I had the four years ago with the same species. Like Mikedawg mentioned they are extremely toxic (trust me on this ). I'd lower them in the tank ( the damaged polys). Palys don't usually heal from burn out fast. You can sell or junk them. They will bounce back eventually but that does look like light damage. I've done this one before and it sucks but they grow back.
Ill try to reconfigure my tank to relocate them... I never really thought of that. Glad to know it's not something eating them or a disease. .. I was really scared at the idea of it spreading...

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow rhubarb. It sucks down here in the south because they need a freeze to maintain but there are sooooo many margarita recipe's to tell you I don't know where to start. It's all about citrus reduction.

OP
OP
Dana Jackson

Dana Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow rhubarb. It sucks down here in the south because they need a freeze to maintain but there are sooooo many margarita recipe's to tell you I don't know where to start. It's all about citrus reduction.
Lol... I honestly don't drink anymore. Never did drink tequila! Vodka was always my liquor!

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also used pineapple in a lot of recipes. Margaritas are literally products of reducing citrus fruits to a stew and then adding a **** load of tequila.

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Letting go of liquor is a great derision. I don't drink often but when I do.....It's not deux equis. How cold is it in GA right now? I'm fin here just across the border.

Peter Blue Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I secretly admit that pina colada is a nice frozen distraction. I used to pound a few Heinekens when I went diving in the Pacific but it was more of a tradition between me and my friends. LOL.

OP
OP
Dana Jackson

Dana Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news! My palys are coming back! I really don't know what the deal with them was, but they are slowly but surely coming back! Yay! Will try to post a pic soon!

OP
OP
Dana Jackson

Dana Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple days ago I noticed my palys are dying. People say they are impossible to kill and some reefers are plagued with them and unable to control their growth... Mine are dying. Everything else in my tank is doing wonderfully. What gives? Sorry the pics posted twice, Idk why...
0423171338.jpg
0423171338.jpg
0423171338.jpg
0423171339.jpg
So I thought I'd do an update... my palys came back! I don't have a clue what was wrong or why they just came back but here is a pic of them today!
20170609_164745.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back