Improve Filtration Help

jazonPartij

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
310
Reaction score
76
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a all-in-one 40gal Nuvo and want to improve the filtration. I have two overflows with three chamber filters on each side. I have a ghost desktop skimmer which I think sucks so far. Any suggestions in improvements than what came stick with the tank?
 
I had a 38 Nuvo I used tie sting media bags with xtrasphos and carbon in it inside the cartridge and just used a sheet poly stuffing from sewing store that I cut up and used for a filter sock type of thing on top and replaced every couple of days
 
I also bought the big cartridge trays to make everything easier I'm not sure what the new ones have but the first series trays SUCkED! Lol
 
yeah the trays that come with the tank sucked. I'll probably end up going for the larger trays, but $80? That's crazy just for two larger trays.
 
Probably not necessary but helps maybe just one if possible I also put live rock rubble in the extra spots in the trays.
 
I loaded the back up with live rock rubble from my main tank I have the upgraded trays as they came with the purchase. I run carbon and filter floss. Seems fine. I agree the ghost skimmer is rediculous
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new