IM's Gourmet Defroster

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
480
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My take on the overly priced round acrylic thingy majiggy.

I bought the IM Gourmet Defroster a couple of weeks ago. I'm not impressed with it to be honest. I mean all it is a round acrylic food dispenser. Not innovative, nothing special. I feed Reef Frenzy frozen foods to my tank and part of my process was putting chunks of the food in a little container, let it defrost, stirring it with a fork to break up the food, and then pour into the tank. It has worked incredibly well when I do it. Putting the pieces in the defroster, they just sit there. Small bits come off, but not the bigger chunks that require a fork to break up. Don't get me wrong, it appears to be of good quality, one on a small list of positives. If I had to do it over, I would've skipped it.
It's best to be used with cubed mysis or similar cubed foods. So if you feed those foods, I would imagine it work quite well. But it is it worth $25? Not in my opinion.

The positives? It has a great strong magnet. Easy to clean if I needed to, but I don't see the need unless it got incredibly nasty.

DSC04155.jpg
DSC04160.jpg
 
Yea I feel like this is a needless gadget, I mean how hard is it to put some food in a little cup of tank water come back in a few minutes, mix with a fork and then dump in?
 
Yea I feel like this is a needless gadget, I mean how hard is it to put some food in a little cup of tank water come back in a few minutes, mix with a fork and then dump in?

Not incredibly hard, I can tell you that. lol. With the cost of almost everything else out there gadget wise costing through the roof, it's best to save the pennies.
 
Yea I feel like this is a needless gadget, I mean how hard is it to put some food in a little cup of tank water come back in a few minutes, mix with a fork and then dump in?
+1... ;) I also like to strain the residual liquids out via a fine mesh net before feeding the food to the tank... but once in a while I do add the liquids along with the food as they have value.
 
I have one but have not used it yet. It is similar to a feeding ring I had made out of PVC. Now the reason I like a feeding ring and the design is I like to measure food intake and control it. I also like to train fish to come to one spot in the tank for food. I do this so that I can easily catch a fish if I need to. With a fish trap and the feeding ring boom I have them. [emoji3]
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new